Beige colour on grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have any good beige/vanilla colour formulas for 90% grey hair, I’ve never done her hair before, but seen it, fine hair, she used L’Oréal preference at home previously! 😩
I use wella colours, she still wants it light blonde, it’s just not a tone I do much of, least of all on that much grey hair!
thanks

Hi does anyone have any good beige/vanilla colour formulas for 90% grey hair, I’ve never done her hair before, but seen it, fine hair, she used L’Oréal preference at home previously! 😩
I use wella colours, she still wants it light blonde, it’s just not a tone I do much of, least of all on that much grey hair!
thanks
KP 9/0 + 10/16 if it would tend to go warm
Or 10/38 + 9/0 if you think it wouldn't be too warm after colouring.

KP 9/0 + 10/16 if it would tend to go warm
Or 10/38 + 9/0 if you think it wouldn't be too warm after colouring.
I’m not too sure I do her daughter who does go very warm so guessing she might too?, I always thought it had to be below a 9 to cover grey? Grey hair is not my strong point!!
Would you do half and half on these or more of the natural? with 6% ??

I’m not too sure I do her daughter who does go very warm so guessing she might too?, I always thought it had to be below a 9 to cover grey? Grey hair is not my strong point!!
Would you do half and half on these or more of the natural? with 6% ??
That rule applies generally to 100% white.
2 parts 9/0 + 1 part 10/16 and 6% go from there.
Vanilla blonde needs to be at least a level 9 or 10
Below a 9 and it'll be too dull

That rule applies generally to 100% white.
2 parts 9/0 + 1 part 10/16 and 6% go from there.
Vanilla blonde needs to be at least a level 9 or 10
Below a 9 and it'll be too dull
Thank you, I popped over today to do the patch test and saw she actually has a lot more dark at the back than I remembered? So should I do 9% at the back to lift the dark and still 6% at the front where she’s more grey? She goes very warm at the back!!

Thank you, I popped over today to do the patch test and saw she actually has a lot more dark at the back than I remembered? So should I do 9% at the back to lift the dark and still 6% at the front where she’s more grey? She goes very warm at the back!!
I'd probably use 10/16 and 12% at the back and do the 9/0 + 10/16 on the top where its lighter.

I'd probably use 10/16 and 12% at the back and do the 9/0 + 10/16 on the top where its lighter.
Thank you, you are always so helpful x

Latest posts

Back