Help! Do you highlight white/grey hair to deposit colour if its resistant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocomoon

Reaction score
I've had a lady come in with fully grey/almost white hair who's had colour previously which seemed like it had been weaved through her hair before finely.

She came in with her previous colour mix written down but I can't quite understand what it means, it says : wella koleston 88.0 & 8.3 with 20 vol 2:1 with bleach & 40 vol - fine weave spatula.

So does this mean she's having highlights with 40vol and then tone with that resistant cover colour afterwards? Just seems really strange to me to give someone with white hair highlights instead of just going in with the resistant colour mix on its own in the foils?

Is this normal to use bleach and highlight it first?

Massive thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'd say the client has 2 colours; prelightener and a tint.

Ideally you would use 88.0 with 0.33 to add gold tone, rather than 8.3 as that regular shade dilutes the intensity of the white coverage of the intense coverage

I didn't think anyone use prelightener with 40vol nowadays, especially in foil, but it it works...

2x tint, then 1x lightener pattern.

I personally wouldn't use lightener on very white hair but she may like the feel of it, rather than the colour

It's worth a really in-depth conversation with the the clientto see what does she like, and not like, rather than what has she had

Good luck,

Latest posts

Back