Benzy Peroxide for big open pores

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
I found in a Magazine on of of those 'Beauty Agony Aunt' type sections... that the advice the woman with big dirty open pores was told to use Benzyl Peroxide on them, available from most chemists.... OR... get a Topical application from the Dr (but beware of red and sensitive skin).

What is this Benzyl Peroxide?

She made it sound like a wonderful miracle cure!

I think you mean Benzoyl Peroxide?

It's sold under different trade names, one of them being OXY (over the counter product for acne/spot-prone skin, aimed mostly at the teenaged market) and also in prescribed topical treatments, up to strengths of 10% I think.

Wikipedia has loads more information than me....

Benzoyl peroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

benzoyl peroxide helps clear out the follicles by sloughing away the top dead skin cells, and clearing the sebum that is trapped in the pores. it is found in many products, including some prof products, such as dermalogica. it is said to be as effective as prescribed meds for acne, but does have some side effects such as redness, sensitivity and peeling skin. i think its antibacterial.

i know that with the dermalogica clearing booster (5%) you must only put it on the affected area, and not acne/spot free areas.

i have seen people have good results from products such as these, to those affected they may well be miracle cures! HTHs xx:)

Latest posts

Back