Best colour brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylu95

Reaction score
hi geeks,

i'm planning to go mobile very soon, i was hoping for peoples advice and opinions on best colour brands and also lightener too.
I have worked in a very quiet salon for 2 years now since qualifying, using rusk colours. I work well with them but I don't feel like they have the widest range of colors. I used goldwell in college and got on great with the brand but im unsure on where to get the cans and bowls.
Also, I've done plenty of mobile clients however Im unsure if there is a best way when it comes to rinsing out colours and washing hair? as i dont have a salon basin in my home nor do clients in there homes..
is there a checklist i should go through before going mobile.. eg. do you need to have a full stock of colours (cant exactly take all colours to appointments)
do you just have business cards or do you have price lists for your services that you advertise.

Hi I'm mobile and have been for over 4 years works in great as a busy mum ... I'm in the process of changing my colour brand I'm going back to wella :)

When it comes to rinsing out colours etc they are normally happy to go over bath with shower hose or with a jug in the kitchen sink not glam but it does the job ...

Regards to stock I normally go and do a consultation and meet the client before there actual appointment then get colour etc but I normally just pick up the most popular colours I normally use on vat free days etc also yes business cards are good idea :) and flyer with your price list on them taking into account of your petrol etc :) hope this helps :)

I love Compagnia Del Colore from Italy. It's very shiny and very low ammonia, not even 1% it's .54 so the hair stays healthy. It's calibrated too meaning each level is an equal distance from the next level, allowing you to mix levels & tones with accuracy. So you can order a level 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 in one tonality and then the next order a 3, 5, 7 and 9 and mix & match to get all the other levels, very economical.
Go to www.Haircared.com to check it out, the colors are beautiful, they were the first to have Chocolate and make many new tones.
It's very cost effective too.

[no trade prices please - image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Compagnia Del Colore from Italy. It's very shiny and very low ammonia, not even 1% it's .54 so the hair stays healthy. It's calibrated too meaning each level is an equal distance from the next level, allowing you to mix levels & tones with accuracy. So you can order a level 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 in one tonality and then the next order a 3, 5, 7 and 9 and mix & match to get all the other levels, very economical.
Go to www.Haircared.com to check it out, the colors are beautiful, they were the first to have Chocolate and make many new tones.
It's very cost effective too.

[no trade prices please - image removed]
Have you tried these colours with olaplex?

Yes, I've been using Olaplex for a while now, see and feel the difference with my color line CDC and it's all good. Olaplex works with every line out there. If a line tells you that you should use it with their line it's because they are trying to make a product that does something like Olaplex, but since Olaplex is patented, you can't make the same thing, it's a patent violation, that's what I get a little mad about.
Compagnia Del Colore and Olaplex work great!

Yes, I've been using Olaplex for a while now, see and feel the difference with my color line CDC and it's all good. Olaplex works with every line out there. If a line tells you that you should use it with their line it's because they are trying to make a product that does something like Olaplex, but since Olaplex is patented, you can't make the same thing, it's a patent violation, that's what I get a little mad about.
Compagnia Del Colore and Olaplex work great!
Do CDC have a Demi/quasi range?

Compagnia Del Colore has both a permanent line and a Ammonia Free Demi line, but you can also take the permanent line use 10vol which blows off the excess ammonia gas and that makes it a demi, that way too. I know that CDC is in Ireland at Salon Saver and in England but I don't have the name of the distributor but if you go to the main website at www.compagniadelcolore.com, it will tell you their distributor in your country.

Latest posts

Back