Best Gelish colours - no fading, coverage with two or at most three coats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
I am a Shellac girl, work with Shellac over three years and I am very proud to have every colour. Most of my clients stay fine with Shellac but I have also some who need a product who gives more strongness (weak and bendy nails). Certainly I use in this cases Brisa Light Smoothing gel and it helps, but not on every problem client.

I read, that Gelish seems to be stronger and therefore can be perhaps an option for clients who have problems with the durability of Shellac. Some months ago I ordered my first two Gelish colours to test it on myself. Unfortunately one colour of the two was a very ugly fader and I was very disappointed. I lost my interest in Gelish also because I read that there are not less faders in Gelish colours. Also the consistency is criticised sometimes.

My request:
Please tell me the best Gelish colours. I mean not the colours you find beautiful but rather the quality: colours that don`t fade, good consistency, coverage with two or at most three coats.

I think that this thread is not only interesting for me but also for all Gelish lovers to avoid buying disappointing quality of some colours.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences!!!

My good ones are as follows

Bellas vampire
The naughty list
All tied up
Good gossip
Red-y-to-wear
Sugar and spice
June bride (great for layering too)
Your so sweet
Seafoam
Mali blu me away
Gossip girl
Sheek white

Some are different consistencies but once I have used each colour I know how it goes on I don't have any problems. All go on in 2coats.

My faders are go girl and medieval madness - these are the first bottles I brought though a long time ago I think they have been changed since.

I also like some of the above colours but others that are good for me include
All Dahliad up
Cruisin the boulevard
Queen of hearts
Berry buttoned up (stunning colour)
You glare I glow
Tiger blossom
Clean slate
Fairest of them all
Ambience (lovely for french and layering)
Sweet chocolate

Most go on in 2 coats but occasionally need 3.
My faders are Do I look buff and She's my Beauty

You're so sweet is lovely but a fader :(
Some of my faves that are good to work with are:
Pink smoothie
Berry buttoned up
Sweet thang
Wine and dine
All dahlia-ed up
Garden teal party
Mint of spring
A petal for your thoughts

You're so sweet is a terrible fader. I'm actually sending mine back tomorrow x

I have had no problem with my you're so sweet fading - looks like I'm a lucky one with that! X

Following! What a great thread!

Hot Rod Red has fantastic coverage, Tiger Blossom, Carnival Hangover, Bella's Vampire. They're the only ones I have that are solid colours after two coats xx

From the ColorFall Collection - I really like Clean Slate, Hello Merlot, and Berry Buttoned Up. All great colors with smooth application and opaque coverage in two coats. Rake in the Green and Who's Cider You On both have good coverage but seem thicker and a bit harder to apply. Do I Look Buff applies well but is a fader - fades to an icky yellowish tan.

Tiger Blossom
Hot rod red
Are good coverage
Black shadow is awful it takes 4 coats

From reading this it would appear that it's not particular colours that are bad consistency or Shrinkers its russian roulette because my 3 main problem Shrinkers with bad coverage are in other people's top list lol!
All my old colours that I bought over 6 months ago are fine all the last 6 months have been pants I was lucky enough to get 1 that didn't cause me a problem.
I've just invested in cuccio veneer x

I have had no problem with my you're so sweet fading - looks like I'm a lucky one with that! X

My your so sweet doesn't fade. Do I look buff does! Grrrr so annoying as its a lovely colour :-(

When I spoke to Harmony about You're so sweet, I was told that they changed the formula so older ones fade and more recently produced ones apparently don't.

I bought mine from my local Sally's so suspect it was an old one that may have been sitting there a while, hence why it's now going back. You girls who don't have a fader are lucky-it's a gorgeous colour x

Thank ladies, very helpful your experiences!

My experiences with the only two colours I bought:

My nightly craving - a very bad fader, turns from beautiful mauve into in my eyes ugly brown. It fades also on a colour pop display without any light laying in a closed cupboard. Surely not so quick as on nails, but it fades over weeks. Incredible!

Forever Beauty: coverage with two coats, no fading

I am looking forward to get any more information!

My best colours are good gossip. Queen of hearts. All dahliad up, rendezvous, Tahiti hottie, my forbidden love. Glamour queen gives a good result too. I love starburst and night reflection but do find they need a few coats. Avoid princess lily and my nightly craving. I have removed them from my nail pops as they fade into sludgy greys. I haven't used many gelish pinks as I have heard they tend to fade so will look out on this post myself so any one ones!! :)

Great coverage (my 2 coaters)
Queen of heart
Caution
Angel in disguise
Gossip girl
Maliblu me away
Tahiti hottie
Midnight caller
Polar attraction
Cashmere kind of gal
Berry buttoned up
Grape expectation
Tiger blossom
One cool cat
Carnival hangover
glamour queen
Oh what a knight
Rendez vous

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I used seafoam today. I haven't used it for quite a while but when I first got it it went on beautiful I may need to stir it a bit more than I did but 3 coats needed today so that's off my good list now!!

Latest posts

Back