Best slow cooker recipes-ready steady go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoAllure

Reaction score
super busy geek alert. Making dinner with the slow cooker!! Perfect to wack on and relax knowing dinner is cooking away.. What's your fav recipes.. Inspire us..

Following this!

Chilli with braising steak instead of mince meat
Chicken in chicken and sweet corn soup

They are just done with meat and sauces would love some recipes from scratch!

I know how to do chilli that's quiet bog standard just never have any chilli powder

Its always you making threads about food[emoji23]

Look it's us 3 again [emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️

I've heard some people make fudge in their slow cooker

Pulled pork [emoji7]
All you need is a pork shoulder and you can make or put in any sauce and veg of your choice and it's amazing!!

I was going to do pulled pork in mine. Do you put it in water and onions first

Omg, i had this recipe for sliw cooker macaroni cheese a few years ago that was amazing!

It had so much butter, cheese and cream in it you could literally feel your arteries clogging when you looked at it!

I lost it in a house move, and although im sad (it tasted divine!) my waist & arteries are thankful xx

Butter cheese and cream [emoji50] I bet that was Rich

My kids love pulled pork.
Pork shoulder joint in the slow cooker. Fill 3/4 of the way up the joint with Diet Coke then cover the top of the joint with lots of bbq sauce. Season and add chilli flakes.

Put the Bbc sauce in at the beginning? Not the end?

Butter cheese and cream [emoji50] I bet that was Rich

Oh it was Coco! Blooming lovely tho! It was an American recipie & made soo much too! I used to be a piggie & eat half of it

Who has a ceramic pot or metal pot out of interest? Xx

I have ceramic and it's huge

Ceramic it's not that big mines a Murphy Richards one!

I make lovely rice pudding in my slow cooker.

Recipe says it serves 4 (1.5 litre cooker)

110g (4oz) pudding rice
25g (1oz) granulated sugar
25g (1oz) marg or butter
1.2L (2 pints) semi skimmed milk
optional: cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla extract

Grease the pot with the marg/butter and add everything, cook for 3 and a half to 4 hours on high.
Stir half way through cooking time.

I tripple the quantity and make it in my 5.5 litre cooker (ceramic pot). It tastes so yummy and creamy.

My old one was ceramic & i had no problems with it on any setting. My other half bought me a new Morphy Richards one with a metal insert a few months ago & everything over cooks :(

I guess it gets hotter, quicker as its metal but its blooming annoying! I did pork in it one day & it ended up like mush! Not good when you are out for 8+ hours & just want a nice dinner. Xx

This thread is making me think I should get another slow cooker, especially Baggy's rice pudding recipe ... Sod the stews!

Latest posts

Back