Best treatment for hard water hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillieDivine

Reaction score
Hi all. I currently live on a farm and only have access to tank water which I pump from a fresh water spring that runs thru our property. But I have noticed that my hair (which is coloured and bleached) is always dry and lifeless.
My 7 year old daughter (whos hair is thick and grows past her bum) is constantly knotty no matter how many times a day I brush it, and it is always braided.
What shampoo or conditioner can we use or is there a treatment we can get?
Thanks!

Your hair is dull because hard water doesn't wash out hair spray, shampoo ect properly like soft water does!
A friend of mine had the same problem and tried baking soda mixed with your shampoo, lemon and vinegar but nothing worked another hairdresser friend of ours told her to try a shampoo from Sally's called "hard water shampoo" and it worked a treat!
I don't no if you can get to a Sally's I don't personally use Sally's and have never seen it at any of the Wholesalers I use but apparently it's at Sally's! Hth x

Hi,
I have to wash with hard water as well so I understand what you are talking about. Go buy a gallon jug of white vinegar and a spray bottle if you ddon't already have one. Fill the bottle with vinegar (you can dilute it with a bit of water) I find straight vinegar works best. Spray onto hair starting at your scalp but be careful about getting it in your eyes because that stings a little. Saturate hair unlil its wet but not dripping. Leave in as long as you want, usally at least 20 minutes before shower. Shower as usual. Let hair air dry before brushing. Your hair will feel cleaner and softer and shine more than ever. Repeat every few days or however long it feels it needes it, (you will know). I do mine about once a week. Good luck.
orb i

Hi all. I currently live on a farm and only have access to tank water which I pump from a fresh water spring that runs thru our property. But I have noticed that my hair (which is coloured and bleached) is always dry and lifeless.
My 7 year old daughter (whos hair is thick and grows past her bum) is constantly knotty no matter how many times a day I brush it, and it is always braided.
What shampoo or conditioner can we use or is there a treatment we can get?
Thanks!

Malibu crystals is meant to help, never tried it but heard it's meant to be quite good for it.

You could have a filler but in your shower :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back