Best way of achieving this nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hoping your expertise will be able to guide me, what do you think the best way of achieving the nail art on the ring finger is?

I would probably paint the pink, and then using tape would paint the white and then at the end..... if that is the way you do it too, which tape do you get the best results with? E.g, no leaking!

Looking forward to hearing your advice..

Attachments

• IMG_2672.JPG
    IMG_2672.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 119
This looks to me like the glitter has been done over the whole nail, then a bit of chevron tape placed through the middle with the two other colours applied over the top either side.

Scotch magic tape or masking tape will do it, though you can buy stickers and nail vinyls (a bit like the French smile line guides) that are in this shape already x

This looks to me like the glitter has been done over the whole nail, then a bit of chevron tape placed through the middle with the two other colours applied over the top either side.

Scotch magic tape or masking tape will do it, though you can buy stickers and nail vinyls (a bit like the French smile line guides) that are in this shape already x

Oh that is a much more efficient way of doing it! Thank you

Hi ladies

Hoping your expertise will be able to guide me, what do you think the best way of achieving the nail art on the ring finger is?

I would probably paint the pink, and then using tape would paint the white and then at the end..... if that is the way you do it too, which tape do you get the best results with? E.g, no leaking!

Looking forward to hearing your advice..

Yep, how the other comment described it is how I would do it too.

Apply the glitter base, apply top coat and cure. Place tape where you want it, paint the pink and white, peel and cure. If you've got good coverage, go in and top coat the whole thing and cure, if not, reapply the tape/vinyl and do another layer, remove the tape and cure. Then top coat the whole thing. The glitter on the other nail would be applied into the inhibition layer and then top coated and cured.

X

Yep, how the other comment described it is how I would do it too.

Apply the glitter base, apply top coat and cure. Place tape where you want it, paint the pink and white, peel and cure. If you've got good coverage, go in and top coat the whole thing and cure, if not, reapply the tape/vinyl and do another layer, remove the tape and cure. Then top coat the whole thing. The glitter on the other nail would be applied into the inhibition layer and then top coated and cured.

X

Oh great that sounds fab. Will deffo try it out on a nail stick or something soon :)

Latest posts

Back