Best way to lose weight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hi All! Since having my little girl (15 months ago!) I am still carrying lots of baby weight and struggling with my love of food. I just wondered if anyone has any tips to help me break the habit of eating! I am no good at sticking to diets but need to get to grips with my relationship with food I think. I eat for all reasons, boredom, comfort, something to do, because I can! I can't do any strenuous exercise as I'm still having a few issues after having a c section so thats out of the question. Any advice? I would love to shed a little before christmas and considering weight loss pills but i think these only work with exercise. Xx

Hi hun, I am with slimming world and it's not a traditional 'diet' as it teaches you about having balanced meals but also there are hundreds of foods which you can have unlimited quantities of, for example pasta, meat, fish, potatoes, eggs etc - I have tried every diet under the sun, from weight watchers, cambridge diet, rosemary connely etc to xenital tablets, which by the way were rubbish! slimming pills don't solve your issues around food, as soon as you stop taking them you will put on more weight as you haven't altered your eating habits.
I wholeheartedly believe that slimming world is the best healthy eating plan in the world - you can have anything you want, it's just about eating the correct foods together and not over eating certain things.

I have lost over 2 stone in 12 weeks, it's coming off steady but consistently so I'm happy, plus I don't feel like I want to eat my arm by early evening like I have with other diets lol

Are you going to be doing this on your own? If so, message me and I can point you in the direction of some fantastic support sites xx

Best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. I think in your case, getting in control of your eating for a start would be good, since you can't really do strenuous workouts at the moment. It will take a lot of self-control and will-power, and a good understanding of balanced eating, and portion control. Groups like slimming world, as mentioned by ballyboo, are a great way to learn and practice good eating habits, and learning how to eat right. Once you recover fully from the c-section, you can do some light exercises, like going out for a walk/jog, or pop in a good zumba video. Anything to get the heart pumping is good. Good luck!

Drink water...lots of it! Not only does it fill you up and give you glowing skin, it makes you realise that you weren't actually hungry but thirsty! Apparently most of us make this mistake! I find it is sooo much harder to diet in the winter because of wanting stodgy, comforting food. Once you get started and see the results you will be spurred on!:Love:

Thanks ladies. Very helpful and kind words. Xx

I know this is a typical blokes advice really...but, it's a simple calculation (and I say this as a ex-bloater myself, I lost 7 stones about 5 years ago and kept it off)- and one that the Rugby League players and MMA fighters I train with live by.

If you burn off more calories than you consume- the only way you won't lose weight is if you have a medical condition.

You can either do that by consuming less, or by doing more exercice, or ideally a combination of both.

However, it's easy to fool yourself sometimes (and I'm sure we've all had the "Oh, its only the kids crusts off their sandwiches, that doesnt count" moments!) so (being a geek) I like to track it on an Iphone app called MyFitnessPal, and prior to that I did it with pen and paper.

You don't have to go on a crazy faddish diet, and nor do you have to take up marathon running. Just give yourself plenty of time (none of this, I want to lose four stone by Christmas nonsense) and with a bit of willpower and some staring at mars-bars in the sweetie jar you'll get there.

Great post Extensionize! I also use Myfitnesspal, its an excellent way of tracking your calories/exercise x

Latest posts

Back