Best way to remove acrylics??? (Handisoak)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annalooby

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what you all consider to be the best/quickest way to remove acrylics. I've only ever used 'Handi-Soak' which I had a big bottle of from Nailorder, it worked pretty quickly and didn't seem too drying on the fingers.

However, I'm now living in Australia and I can't find it here!:( The old bottle just has Handisoak written on it - no mention of it's ingredients, so I can't even try for anything similar.

I can get pure acetone but not sure if this is too dehydrating for the fingies!

Any help on this would be great!

Looby
:biggrin:

annalooby said:
Hi all,

Just wondering what you all consider to be the best/quickest way to remove acrylics. I've only ever used 'Handi-Soak' which I had a big bottle of from Nailorder, it worked pretty quickly and didn't seem too drying on the fingers.

However, I'm now living in Australia and I can't find it here!:( The old bottle just has Handisoak written on it - no mention of it's ingredients, so I can't even try for anything similar.

I can get pure acetone but not sure if this is too dehydrating for the fingies!

Any help on this would be great!

Looby
:biggrin:
Hi there downunder... Which system are you using? Maybe you could contact local wholesaler or your supplier of L& P who could help you out or the manufacturer?

Hi!

I am using Creative - Acrylic L&P - no tips, just sculpts. I did ask my (local) supplier - 5 hours drive away!! Apparently they have a Creative tip remover (?) but the woman said that it still takes a long time to soak off with and that acetone would be just as good.

I just dont know...!!!

annalooby said:
Hi!

I am using Creative - Acrylic L&P - no tips, just sculpts. I did ask my (local) supplier - 5 hours drive away!! Apparently they have a Creative tip remover (?) but the woman said that it still takes a long time to soak off with and that acetone would be just as good.

I just dont know...!!!

Maybe you could use pure acetone but add some conditioning cuticle oil, to make it less harsh...do you soak off in a bowl or do you use the cotton wool/foil method?

Well that was the neat thing about the Handisoak - it came with these little finger trays so you only had to get the client to but their finger tips in - rather than the whole hand in a bowl of acetone.

I have tried the cotton wool and foil method but find it takes just as long and if you wanna sneak a peak to see how it's melting - you make it set again!!!
;)

Me again...I use the foil method and generally find it takes 15 minutes from wrapping and they I just ease it off with an orange stick and bive the nail a gentle buff..maybe it depends on the products being used?

Acetone will remove product fine... however Specific product removers will work significantly faster without dehydrating the skin and nails to such an awful degree that takes place with acetone.
Soaking is one of the more damaging things we do to the natural nail and should only be done if needed. Think of what your hair would look like if you soaked it in acetone for even 5 minutes straight.

I use the foil method (adding oil to the acetone) then I dip each hand in Paraffin wax treatment layer approx 4 times, plastic cover, mitts on, leave for 15-20mins, then remove, the product just rolls off. I find the heat from the paraffin wax speeds up the process and my clients love the way their hands feel so smooth and soft from the wax.
Jenny

Jenny,

Thats a really good idea - I love paraffin treatments and I'm getting a paraffin bath next month so I'll give that a go!

Looby
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back