Biab application and curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_uk81

Reaction score
Hello.
I am learning Biab application at the moment and wondered if you could help.
To avoid pooling I am doing mainly one finger at a time right now which means putting them separate in a lamp to fully cure with each layer for 60 seconds.
I was wondering as I move to next finger and put whole hand in lamp if it affects longevity or could cause lifting in any way for those fingers that are already previously cured?

Im Not sure if I am making myself clear so when i fully cure one finger and then do next the previous one goes in the lamp again and again until I am done with each other finger.
Is that bad in any way ?

Hope you can help.

Thank you

Good question, there are two opinions:-

1) once cured a product cannot be overcured. A bit like once a jelly is set, it can't set anymore just because you leave it in the fridge
2) a product can over cure and cause product breakdown. - BUT this only usually occurs with an unmatched lamp and product. This is because the photo initiators are not matched with the light spectrum.

In your situation you would 'flash cure' the finger you are working on, this would typically be for 10 seconds (you'll need to check with your supplier for their specific recommendation). This will cure the product enough that it will not move, run in to the cuticle, self level out your apex, etc, but not fully cure.

You'd move on to the next finger after the 10 seconds, flash cure the second finger, putting the whole hand in the lamp is fine. This would result in the first finger now having 20 seconds cure but that's OK. Do this for all 5 fingers but on the last one you don't flash cure, you full cure the whole hand for 60 seconds.

This way each finger is set in your structured state as you go along, then all fully cured at the end.

Does that make sense?

yes,thank you so much for your lovely help and explanation 🙂

I’ve stumbled across another issue.
I prep my nails throughly . Cleanse and dehydrate then apply a primer. I then wait and apply a bar coat( same brand products) cure it when it comes out it’s blotchy. Like separating look. As if some areas are covered and some aren’t. It doesn’t happen if I don’t use primer . But when I do the base coat always comes out uneven?
Why is that?

Are you using the prep products that the brand recommends? And the same curing lamp? Is it only on some nails or all nails? Where did you train for your hard gel application?

Yes I do use all same brand products and lamp and I am currently doing a course it is not hard gel it’s biab. It does happen on all nails. They just go uneven when I use primer . If I apply base coat to prepped nail but no primer it comes out smooth.

Does the beams actually recommend a primer with thei gel polish? I'm not aware of many that use one as a standard part of the application steps

It’s not gel polish that I am applying it’s Biab. And I faced lifting issues so after contacting them they advised on dehydrator and acid free primer before base coat and Biab application

It’s not gel polish that I am applying it’s Biab. And I faced lifting issues so after contacting them they advised on dehydrator and acid free primer before base coat and Biab application

Time to contact them for advice on this issue too then, if they suggest it as a solution they must know about any potential issues too.

The only time I had anything similar it was the base coat semi curing whilst I was applying it, this was because I was within the light being cast during curing of the other hand. Make sure you're nowhere near the light when it's on, I work on top of the lamp, not beside it.

If it's not a dehydrator or primer by that brand, it's not guaranteed to work. Tbh, I'd change brands. Everything is formulated to work together and if the brand 's products aren't working together well on the nails, it's poorly formulated and a red flag to me.

I loved learning new things from this post. Thanks a lot all:) While you try answering someone else's quieries, you will be indirectly teachig someone else.:)

Latest posts

Back