Big names vs small academy names?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
I've been searching around for different courses as I want to add a few extra treatments to my business, would people rather pay for the name like hd brow or lvl lashes or go for the cheaper option with the smaller academy's?

Im booked in next Saturday to do a lash lift and ting course at a fraction of the price of lvl has the same or similar results and I'm abit worried that I won't attract clients as I'm also wanting to book the celeberty brow course which is the same as hd brow at 90% less cost than the hd brow course.

I've been searching around for different courses as I want to add a few extra treatments to my business, would people rather pay for the name like hd brow or lvl lashes or go for the cheaper option with the smaller academy's?

Im booked in next Saturday to do a lash lift and ting course at a fraction of the price of lvl has the same or similar results and I'm abit worried that I won't attract clients as I'm also wanting to book the celeberty brow course which is the same as hd brow at 90% less cost than the hd brow course.

In this industry you get what you pay for, in my experience its worth paying the extra for good training in good, well recognised products. These company's have spent thousands marketing their treatments for it to be a recognised brand!
When clients walk in are they going to ask for LVL or lash lift? Celebrity brows or HD brows? Smaller company's ride on the back of the success of big brands and I'm my opinion don't provide the same standard of education.
I hope this helps!
PS LVL isn't as big as HD brows yet as far as brand awareness so you may get away with lash lift but I would still be weary of the standard of
Education.
Xx

I would search out salons and go in and ask which course did you train in and what were their likes a dislikes 😊
That's how I picked a school. Best thing I ever did, got an awesome education !!!
Left school and opened my own salon with the great knowledge I received.

I have to disagree with your comments as I know that Big companies spend Thousands on Marketing, but that does not mean they are the Best, they just have more money to spend.
I have trained with the "supposedly best" and I can quite honestly say that the training was very poor in comparison with my own training I provide and others I have attended.

My lash lift/perm training was part of my nvq2 so I don't see the point in retraining with a brand but I've only ever had 1 client ask for lvl all the rest say lash lift or perm. if more people where aware of if lvl i'd maybe consider training.

With lash lift i find you have to sell the treatment as people aren't aware of it full stop so i always have before and after pics handy and bring it up in conversation with clients. Its now my 2nd most popular treatment.

I have to disagree with your comments as I know that Big companies spend Thousands on Marketing, but that does not mean they are the Best, they just have more money to spend.
I have trained with the "supposedly best" and I can quite honestly say that the training was very poor in comparison with my own training I provide and others I have attended.

I think you may have missed the begining of my comments which says "in my experience" of course not all brands will be up to everyone's standard, You can not tell me that "smaller" company's can't afford to get some brand awareness, most of the smaller lash lift and high definition brows company's come from a chain, DW, Salon Services, Lash companies suddenly doing everything eyebrows, they do multiple courses and sell products for each of these. They don't have to because the individual most popular brand does all the brand awareness for that treatment and they just say "it's the same but cheaper"
Lash lift vs LVL because lash lift was already a thing and LVL just turned it into a brand, you can get away with it.
The title is big brands vs Little, there is a reason one is big and one is little.
X

In this industry you get what you pay for, in my experience its worth paying the extra for good training in good, well recognised products. These company's have spent thousands marketing their treatments for it to be a recognised brand!
When clients walk in are they going to ask for LVL or lash lift? Celebrity brows or HD brows? Smaller company's ride on the back of the success of big brands and I'm my opinion don't provide the same standard of education.
I hope this helps!
PS LVL isn't as big as HD brows yet as far as brand awareness so you may get away with lash lift but I would still be weary of the standard of
Education.
Xx

I completely agree with Paige. You're correct in the sense that they are cheaper to train with, cheaper to retail and can provide cheaper treatments. But I just think there is a reason that they are the most renowned, advertised and spoken of. I am training with HD Brows in October, after receiving Celebrity Brows and then HD Brows it soon made my mind up.
My intentions are not to put you off, but you have to think of all the added extras that come with big name brands.

Latest posts

Back