Black Additive from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susandoeshair

Reaction score
I just bought the black additive and used it over a stencil today. What a nightmare! I look like I've been dipped in coal dust, and so does my client. My first thought was to chuck it, but I thought I'd check with you nice folks to see how you get on with it.
Any suggestions?

I just bought the black additive and used it over a stencil today. What a nightmare! I look like I've been dipped in coal dust, and so does my client. My first thought was to chuck it, but I thought I'd check with you nice folks to see how you get on with it.
Any suggestions?

Oh dear lol !!!
Have you used any additives before?

You only need the TINYEST bit ever! I tend to dab the very very top of my brush in (if there's not enough for me to use in the lid) and then I dip my brush in to the lid and keep dabbing until most of it ends up in the lid and I have hardly any on my brush. Then I keep topping it up until I get the desired Depth of colour iykwim?
This way there is minimal mess! :) otherwise... They're little buggers to get off lol xxx

USE EXCEPTIONALLY SPARINGLY

The black additive is extremely intense. Mixing pigments requires only a dot of black additive to darken. I use a fluffy brush to apply solid black and sort of sponge it on to the nail until u achieve full coverage. Dust off excess with ur same fluffy brush. Lay down a separate paper towel before u start. Makes clean up a breeze. Fold it when u r finished applying. I do this with all pigments.

Any pigment that gets on ur hands or ur clients can easily b cleaned with alcohol. Just b sure to create the least amount of mess as possible. Saves on cotton lol

Additives are my new addiction. Keep playing with them! They will become so much fun!!

GL! :) :) :D

Yes, I've been using additives since they came out, but didn't feel the need for black, but then changed my mind after seeing some nail designs here. I thought I had read how messy it could be, so I was careful not to use too much, used a dry brush to remove the excess before top coating, which was fine, but there was still a lot on the clients lateral folds that I just could get off. I'm sure a good hand washing would do the trick, but it looked pretty sloppy when I finished

Latest posts

Back