Bleach blonde back to chesnut brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
:rolleyes:I have quite short bleach blonde hair in order to go back to a chestnut brown, I know I need to do it in 2 stages, first one putting te red back in can anyone recommend a colour and brand. Preferably something from sallys.

Does the red have to be a permanent? and also do they mean red or just somegthing with warm base?

Then the second stage is putting the brown. I want it to turn out a nice chestnut light brown so would i just add a brown, because the red before would make it, chesnut or do i add a chestnut brown as well after ther. Should the second colour I put on, which i will leave a few weeks, be permanent.

Somebody said that using a mousse to fill before tinting would work too providing the mousse and the tint the same colour.

Anyway slightly confused can someone help me?

Hey

I have done this many times and my personal preference is using a colour mousse.

Go for a mousse than has warmth in it....put this all through the hair first - as even as possible. If you dont want much red in your chestnut brown colour, I would suggest using a mousse with a golden warmth in rather than a red warmth. Remember a certain amount of tone from the mousse will show through the permanent colour, depending on how dark you go - The lighter you colour it, the more that will show through.

So maybe a golden brown mousse to pre - pig and then put your permanent colour straight over the top....dont wash the mousse out....just give it a quick blast off with the dryer and put the permanent colour right over the top.

With the permanent colour, I would suggest opting for a colour that has MORE brown pigment than a usual colour (usually used for grey coverage or coarse hair - but going from blonde to dark is pretty much the same as going from light grey to dark)... for example....use a 6.0 rather than just a plain 6. This will make the colour take deeper and richer...and avoid that 'washed out' look that some people get when they have gone from blonde to brown.

You will always get 'fast fade', the first time you go from light to dark, so you may have to colour your hair again within a few weeks, but the second time it will stay for longer.

Hope this helps!

x

thankyou so so much you have been:) a great help! x

Latest posts

Back