Bleached hair - what can I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks! I'm a beauty geek and went to have my hair done today after months of putting it off! I've always been blonde and have recently been having highlights, but roots still bothered me. My stylist today advised me that as I had such a build up of colour and a 'band' of colour from where I'd (eek!) used a box dye, a tint (or colour or whatever it's called, I really know nothing about hair!) wouldn't take as well. So I had it bleached, then toned, and it's a real shock to the system, it's light...really light!! I just don't think it's me at all :/ I think she's done a lovely job and she's given me what I asked for but can I get anything over the top to darken it a little? TIA xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389825683.530211.jpg

Do not I repeat do not put an all over colour over this straight away. Why not ask for some low lights to break up the blonde first, as you won't want to damage your hair anymore with over processing :)

Sent from stephanielouise

I want from black to this colour (took about a year and im naturally fair) i was having highlights with foils but i hated the roots problem too so i started having full head colour. It is bleached but now when i have it done its literally just the roots so my hair is now in fab condition, whereas with highlights your bleaching the same hair each time. I think it looks lovely but going a little darker is always much easier than going lighter. You could always leave the toner off next time but i think the whiter the better haha xx

I want from black to this colour (took about a year and im naturally fair) i was having highlights with foils but i hated the roots problem too so i started having full head colour. It is bleached but now when i have it done its literally just the roots so my hair is now in fab condition, whereas with highlights your bleaching the same hair each time. I think it looks lovely but going a little darker is always much easier than going lighter. You could always leave the toner off next time but i think the whiter the better haha xx

They shouldn't be bleaching the same hair each time with highlights, just the roots. going darker isn't necessarily easier than going lighter x

Last edited:
I would get your hairdresser to add some lowlights through and then just have highlight and lowlights through every time you get your colour done. Having an all over blonde is a shock and hard to get used x

Thanks so much for your replies! What the picture doesn't show is that it's got quite a yellow tinge to it which Is what I hate! I'm booked back in tomorrow and think I'll ask for some lowlights, it's just a real shock and I have dark eyebrows as well so worried I look silly! Haha xxx

Thanks so much for your replies! What the picture doesn't show is that it's got quite a yellow tinge to it which Is what I hate! I'm booked back in tomorrow and think I'll ask for some lowlights, it's just a real shock and I have dark eyebrows as well so worried I look silly! Haha xxx

I think either ask to be toned down to a level 9 (obviously discuss the colour chart) or low lights. I find most people who have highlights then go for an all over hate it the same lightness and prefer it all over a couple shades darker.

Good luck at the salon x

Hi ladies, just thought I'd update - went back to the salon and she put some low lights through, it's really softened it up and looks gorgeous now :) I love it! Also feels in really good condition considering the amount of colouring it has had! Thanks so much for all the advice xx

I know this is an old post but it has caught my attention. I have home bleached my hair after years of having highlights....I like the bright blonde but my roots are incredibly dark when my hair grows and much more obvious than when I had highlights...!

Also when I just bleach my roots they have come out lighter than the rest of my hair which again looks horrid! Any advice to avoid this or what I can do to head towards the highlighted look again?!

I know this is an old post but it has caught my attention. I have home bleached my hair after years of having highlights....I like the bright blonde but my roots are incredibly dark when my hair grows and much more obvious than when I had highlights...!

Also when I just bleach my roots they have come out lighter than the rest of my hair which again looks horrid! Any advice to avoid this or what I can do to head towards the highlighted look again?!

I would go back to a salon and have some lowlights put through to break it up again x

It depends in whether you want a block colour or if you want it streaky. Personally, I effing love that colour! I'm trying to get there myself :)
If you want a streaky look then opt for some lowlights, but if you don't mind having it essentially all one colour (how it is now just a darker, more 'you' shade) then lot for a darker toner all over :)

I have the same problem...did this color to a client a bit ago..then low lighted with 8n and 7n...she loved it...NOW...she has 60 plus % grey...what to use on roots.....doesn't want to be bleached again....I was thinking 8-9 level, with no gold...thanks

Latest posts

Back