blowdrying assessment advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have my first blow drying assessment next week and the client(who I have seen a few times)is being my model.She likes it poker straight and so the ends have to be straight,her ends have a mind of their own so we always go over them with the GHD'S but during my assessment I will need to make the ends poker straight through blowdrying. Does anyone have any advice or tips for getting the ends like this??

Thank you in advance!
Rachel xx

make sure you run your hair right to the end of the brush and straight down off the brush. Are you restricted as to what brushes you can use? I like a medium round brush for straightening as the heat from the metal works to smooth the hair really well. Hold your hairdryer as flat to the way you want the hair to go (eg nozzle pointing really down the way). If you aren't allowed to use round brush, a vent brush is also good. I find it a lot easier to use then a denman brush tbh but I guess its personal opinion. Always use a nozzle (just trying to think of lots of ways to help you, I guess you prob use a nozzle anyway. Make sure you have got your first section near perfect, if there is kinking at the ends of your first section, no matter how much you go over the scecond section, if it is lying on a wet bit of hair or a kinke end, it will prob follow that shape. And don't stress. You will do great,justget loads of practise in. :) xxx

You can get one of those combs that closes together to keep everything in place. Might be an idea. It's used for straightening too. You can also get it in a brush form. They're like two brushes stuck together end to end like tongs and you close the hair in them as you blowdy!

Hey..

Firstly good luck in your first assessment!!! I remember when i did mine!! What i found was a good tip that worked great for me was to make sure you have great tension when pulling down the hair with the brush and hairdryer. Make sure that you have got a clean brush so that all previous hair is out of the brush and that the bristles are in good tact!!
Once you have blowdryed the hair fully, start to straighten and hold the GHD's tightly when clamping on the hair and also hold them quite close to the plates - but DON'T burn yourself - and use one swift mo0tion downwards. Avoid brushing the hair after this as the ends will become static and also avoid brushing the hair with the barrel brush after you have let the hair go!!
After you are happy with the ends, apply just a samll amount of serum at the bottom and the hold the can of hairspray at the back and spray light mists down to the ends.
Another Tip - if the roots like to sit up slightly - hold the can of hairspray at the top of the clients head and spray in a straight line - the hairspray will help to flatten down any strays - you can also hover your palm over the strays!!
Hope this is ok for you and GOOD LUCK - let me know how it goes

xx:)

Hi guys!
I have my first blow drying assessment next week and the client(who I have seen a few times)is being my model.She likes it poker straight and so the ends have to be straight,her ends have a mind of their own so we always go over them with the GHD'S but during my assessment I will need to make the ends poker straight through blowdrying. Does anyone have any advice or tips for getting the ends like this??

Thank you in advance!
Rachel xx

Latest posts

Back