Blue & purple hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetGlam

Reaction score
Ive got a consultation for Blue & Purple Hair extensions in the picture attached. I don't have any experience of using this kind of colour extensions and wondered what the lifespan of the hair is compared to natural colours. Im looking at SJK to supply, but not sure of anymore if anyone can help?
Thanks

Attachments

• blue purple hair.jpg
    blue purple hair.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24,754
This looks like a fun job to do! I can't vouch for your supplier but I have never in the past noticed and quality difference between crazy colour and standard colour extensions, they do tend to fade a little over time however.

Ive got a consultation for Blue & Purple Hair extensions in the picture attached. I don't have any experience of using this kind of colour extensions and wondered what the lifespan of the hair is compared to natural colours. Im looking at SJK to supply, but not sure of anymore if anyone can help?
Thanks

I have purchased Blue hair for myself from Foxy and mixed it with my own hair for colour flashes - I never had any fading over the 2 months I had them in. If I have ever coloured extensions myself in fashion colours I tend to use Elumen + colour lock and it lasts the life of the fitting.

Id love to see a pic of that when youre done by the way, Id love a customer like that :p

I have purchased Blue hair for myself from Foxy and mixed it with my own hair for colour flashes - I never had any fading over the 2 months I had them in. If I have ever coloured extensions myself in fashion colours I tend to use Elumen + colour lock and it lasts the life of the fitting.

Id love to see a pic of that when youre done by the way, Id love a customer like that :p

Elumen is fab I always wondered if it would take well on extensions. The Tq and VV would look beautiful together xx

I know I am lucky to have a funky customer! Im going to do a consultation today to colour match as she has already had her hair coloured blue and purple. Good to know that you can vouch for foxy, thanks for your info ladies xx

I know I am lucky to have a funky customer! Im going to do a consultation today to colour match as she has already had her hair coloured blue and purple. Good to know that you can vouch for foxy, thanks for your info ladies xx

To be honest, the only issue I see is getting the correct colours from the hair extensions initially, then the client maintaining the colour of her own hair to match that of the extensions, she will be in for some serious upkeep imo :)

I've done a couple of punky haircolour extensions, and to get the best colour match, I got extensions in a colour to match the base colour. So if she bleaches her hair before colouring, then I've used #613. And I like to get two tones, to avoid the plastic wig look.

Then I asked the client to bring me the hair dye that she usually uses for her own hair and coloured it with that. The result is a perfect match and the hair fades into the same shades. Also most people with funky colours do their own touch ups.

But then again - I'm not a hair dresser and not trained in colouring, so this is just the way I solved it.

Thank you for your replies. The problem I have is her colours don't match the sjk colour ring. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385065027.292250.jpg

Does anyone happen to know another supplier? I don't have the time to purchase another colour ring... I'm in Germany and post takes too long!

Latest posts

Back