"boss" trying to rip me off? x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
Okay so I'm self employed but offer my lash extensions at a hairdressers aswell.
I have clients already that have kids ect so to avoid stepping on anybodys toes I tell clients I'd rather they go to the salon but I understand if they can't and charge £10 more for home visits as an incentive for them to go to the salon x

I haven't been there long (about 2 months) and they have only got me 2 clients so far and I am on a 60% cut. (to me)

Yesterday was my 2nd client they got me and when I went to pay the owner she started questioning what % cut we are doing, so I said 60-40 which it always has been.
She says well okay give me that now and then we'll sort that out because I do 50/50 with the other girl (who offers different treatments from me)

If she decided to do that I think I'll stay mobile as by the time I travel to her I'll only be earning £10 per set of lashes!
I'd rather travel to the clients houses and earn £50! x

But I'm not sure how to say that to her as she has quite a hard personality and don't really want an argument, but I also don't want her telling me next time after I've done a treatment that that's what she wants!!
I have her on facebook, so could email her and say something along the lines of have you thought more about what you want to do with % cuts?
And if I do should I mention I won't be willing to work there for less than 60%?

Sorry it's a long one! x

If you have already agreed on a percentage then she should stick to it and you should probably have that in writting to avoid any future problems. However it seems to me that you would probably be better off sticking to mobile as it doesn't seem to be worth your while to be in the salon if potentially you would only be making £10 per set of lashes which doesn't cover the cost of your materials and petrol to get there, let alone make any profit. I think that if you decide to leave the salon don't email her though, it would be far better and professional to meet and talk to her face to face. hth x

Thank you!
I know it would be professional to meet face to face but she is quite scary! Lol x
But I know her through a friend so I think I will pop in and have a chat with her, what's the worst that could happen I suppose!

x

Bite the bullet!lol Have you decided what you want to do? Either sort out the percentage or go it alone? I know working in the salon could get your name out there to more people who are not aware of the service you offer, but they don't really seem to be pushing it if you've only had 2 clients from them..mind you I don't know how long you've been there.

Bite the bullet!lol Have you decided what you want to do? Either sort out the percentage or go it alone? I know working in the salon could get your name out there to more people who are not aware of the service you offer, but they don't really seem to be pushing it if you've only had 2 clients from them..mind you I don't know how long you've been there.

About 2 months now!
Would it be fair if I said to her I want to go mobile now to make it worth my while but am happy to still work for her but I won't be pushing my clients to go there? x

Do do you just go on an adhoc basis or do you have a set day where you have to have to turn up and wait around? To be honest I can't see her being happy with what you suggested as she won't be making any money out of it and she would do better to rent out he room on a permanant basis.

Do do you just go on an adhoc basis or do you have a set day where you have to have to turn up and wait around? To be honest I can't see her being happy with what you suggested as she won't be making any money out of it and she would do better to rent out he room on a permanant basis.

It's a bit messy really when a client goes in they call me up while client is there to book an appointment or if i have a client I have to call the salon to see if I can have the room at that time x
I think I might just suggest that to her and tell her I'm off to be mobile again x

Latest posts

Back