Bridal Hair Course - Advice/suggestions needed please....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliveTouch

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping some of you may be able to give me some advice/suggestions.
Basically, 9 years ago I qualified as a Hairdresser to NVQ level 2, however the salon I had been working in as an assistant couldn't take me on as they were just renting chairs and I then couldn't find a salon I wanted to work in and fell into the trap of an office job=good regular money.
When I was training I loved putting hair up and whilst I haven't been working in a salon I have continued to do bits and pieces for friends and family
Anyway, last year I decided that I wanted to get back into the industry and started up a mobile spray tanning business and I am also now offering individual eyelash extensions.
I would love to be able to offer bridal hair as part of a package but feel I need some further training to refresh/update my skills, but the courses I can find are either for beginners or advanced, but I really need something in between. I am in Norfolk but willing to travel to London etc, can anyone recommend a company or course.
Thanks in advance x

I would go for the beginners course, see what techniques they teach. There could be some new ideas that you'll be able to adapt to your level of experience. Capital and Sallys offer courses.

As you are already a qualified hairdresser with an eye and interest for bridal hair ups, you could check with your local Sallys for bridal hair workshops etc... I did one at my local Bondlink. Ellisons may offer courses.

Also if you are willing to travel then have a look at the following link. I did my initial bridal makeup training with Natalie Page and she offers hair up courses. They are quite expensive, but her courses are Guild certified and indepth with course notes and a certificate. I can highly recommend her.

Bridal Hair

Thanks for your replies, I will check them out x

Latest posts

Back