Bridal hair prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebelle

Reaction score
Well I think I’ve seen it all ! Just found a post on fb offering bridal hair for £10 !!!! Really. I’ve been in the industry for over 20 years , continually training to keep up to date ( which we all know costs) . I feel I charge a fair price for the quality for my work . It just undermines quality when people of doing it so cheap ! Sorry to rant
Well can I ask what is charged in your area?
I’m central Scotland and I charge £35-£40 for brides the same for adult bridesmaids. Am I over pricing my self ?

I really wouldn't give it a second thought. Presumably it's someone just starting out and trying to gain experience.

The majority of brides don't dream about how cheap they can get married for but about how to find the best hairdresser to fulfil their wishes. Just focus on appealing to your target market of brides who value your knowledge and experience and have the budget to match.

Put it this way, I don't think Meghan will be racing to book her services. ;)

Ive just came back into hairdressing after a 7 year break to have my children. Im nvq l3 qualified but been out so long I lost confidence. I also spent a lot of money on short courses in makeup while on maternity. To get back into it and build up my confidence, I created a fb page offering hair and make up very cheap. £10 cut and blowdrys, hair ups etc. I did a girls wedding, bride and 3 bridesmaids hair and make up for just £100 including a trial. She was having a budget wedding so it was great for her and give me my 1st bit of experience doing a wedding. People have to start somewere if they have just qualified or have had a break.

Ive just came back into hairdressing after a 7 year break to have my children. Im nvq l3 qualified but been out so long I lost confidence. I also spent a lot of money on short courses in makeup while on maternity. To get back into it and build up my confidence, I created a fb page offering hair and make up very cheap. £10 cut and blowdrys, hair ups etc. I did a girls wedding, bride and 3 bridesmaids hair and make up for just £100 including a trial. She was having a budget wedding so it was great for her and give me my 1st bit of experience doing a wedding. People have to start somewere if they have just qualified or have had a break.
But your qualified and spent time on training. What’s the end goal? People who pay £10 isn’t going to build you a loyal client base, they will just find the next £10 deal.
Where I am everyone is offering £5 blowdrys and will travel anywhere. It cheapens the clients view of services as they think that is how much they pay.

I would rather grab some friends for free services to take some good pictures than advertise my services at prices you will struggle to increase.

I am very much each to their own but I’m very experienced, I pay childcare and have a mortgage I charge a fair prices but do get a little sick of people who see me as expensive because some will do it cheaper - my business was never to compete with cheaper people and I don’t.

Everyone should charge what they are worth and bring the industry standards up.

A £10 haircut if your taking off petrol money, products, your training and time isn’t even earning NMW

But your qualified and spent time on training. What’s the end goal? People who pay £10 isn’t going to build you a loyal client base, they will just find the next £10 deal.
Where I am everyone is offering £5 blowdrys and will travel anywhere. It cheapens the clients view of services as they think that is how much they pay.

I would rather grab some friends for free services to take some good pictures than advertise my services at prices you will struggle to increase.

I am very much each to their own but I’m very experienced, I pay childcare and have a mortgage I charge a fair prices but do get a little sick of people who see me as expensive because some will do it cheaper - my business was never to compete with cheaper people and I don’t.

Everyone should charge what they are worth and bring the industry standards up.

A £10 haircut if your taking off petrol money, products, your training and time isn’t even earning NMW

I didnt have many friends or family to practice on, most the woman in my family all have the same type of hair so I needed more varierty. Your right about it not gaining you any strong loyal clients but it give me experience and confidence. Confidence to then put my prices up and start gaining better clients. (I also have 3 children and a house to run!)
Its worked anyway, this time last year I was offering £10 hair ups from home, now I have just went into business with a friend who is a beautician and opened our own salon which is going well

Latest posts

Back