Bridal Make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
One of the things I would like to offer is a bridal package. We have a couple of top end hotel near to me which offer wedding packages but no personal services for the bride, so I would love to be able to get in with the hotel to do a package. Everything for the run up to the big day but especially make up for the day. The nvq has covered everything I need and I have also (via college) had a day training with Tracy Eunson from Artdeco which covered bridal and photographic makeup. I'm am waiting delivery of 'Bridal Makeovers' by Robert Jones too.

Do you think I ought to do some additional training? One of my tutors has given me the details of a makeup artist who also does bridal training or have I already done enough and just need some practice?!

What bridal packages do you offer and how did you train?

My advice Debs would be to practice, practice, practice on friends, family or aquaintances willing to have a free makeover so that you can develop your skills. Take photos of your makeovers for your portfolio.

I went to hobby craft and purchased a tiara for about £12 to place on their heads for the photographs to give it a bridal look.

I also recommend you ask your models what they would like their make-up look to be so that you can practise following their guidelines. You would have to do this with your brides anyway. HTH and good luck. xx

I would take further training, or find an experienced artist who is looking for an assistant. You will have to assist for free, but the knowledge you will gain will be worth it and will far outweigh any training course you undertake.

At this point in your makeup career, it's my opinion that you still need a professional eye to guide you, to comment and critique your work. Mrs C's idea of practising on family and friends is great....as she said it will really boost your confidence and creative flair, but at the end of the day you need to supplement that by getting some honest and experienced feedback, so you know the path you're following is leading you in the right direction! :green:

I think you have had your initial training through college, but do you think you would benefit from a specific make-up certificate? i agree that lots of practice on family and friends and lots of photograghs for a portfolio as this is what brides will be wanting to see prior to booking you. But we all have to start somewhere and if you are confident in the service you provide i think you will do fine. I think Amy De Man is also right in saying that shadowing someone (free of charge) is a very good idea, but hte problem is finding that certain person. Good Luck. I am just embarking on a make-up course with Carlton Institute but have messed around with make-up for a very long time and i used to sell Helena Rubenstein many years ago. But i have had so many clients ask me if i am going to offer make-up as a service so..........here goes!! Let us knoiw how you get on.

Latest posts

Back