C-curve pinching?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karimarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a plethora of questions for you today! I'm glad I found this community of nail techs, I'm excited to hear all of your opinions :)

I have never used a pinching tool before, but have just stumbled upon the idea. I would like to do my research before purchasing one. I want one mainly because my nails are always a bit flat for my liking, they have a sight c-curve, but I personally like a deeper one.

Also, what is the difference between and c-curve stick and a pinching tool? With both of them you are moulding/pressing the free edge down into that specific shape. Is one better than the other? From my understanding with the pinching tool you are only pressing the free edge, not the nail plate, would this still cause damage (onycholysis)?

Another point, I use gel, not acrylic, is there a difference since gel is more flexible? I know I will not get a radical curve with gel, since it sets up faster, but the first 30sec of the cure I find they are still mouldable.

Maybe both of these options are out and I just need to practice my form application.... any tips?

Thank you in advance, and I'm sure my clients would thank you too ;)

Latest posts

Back