Camouflage makeup for a mole

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience with camouflage make-up. My daughter (12) has a large mole side of her bottom lip and she has asked for it to be covered up. I've tried using my own orange base corrector then going over with a thick concealer but it looks patchy. The mole is slightly raised from the skin so I guess won't be the easiest to cover. Anyone used a good product that you could recommend please?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475611787.560401.jpg

Don't know about any other makeup artists, but personally I'd start by usual moisturising + then priming with a smoothing primer.
I'd colour correct with a yellow toned concealer to lighten the darkness. I'd then go in with my dermablend foundation matching to the skin tone, applying with a sponge to get the best coverage + apply a few layers. This should conceal most of it. Then set with either a foundation powder (I like tom ford) for that extra coverage or a setting powder.

I'm used to working with acne scarring etc, so hopefully this can help. Tell your daughter not to be self consioncuous of it though as she'll start to want to do this all the time x

Personally i would use Mehron celebre hd on that mole. The coverage is very opaque use alongside a few dabs of your corrector or your concealer. I would finish off using jane iredale pressed powder- as it's very pigmented and would give a lovely natural look without feeling as if its cakey and finish off with a setting spray and it wont go anywhere! Hths xoxo

I have one on my head only a little smaller and it was quite traumatic when I was younger and got teased. The day I started using concealer my dad got upset and said that I was covering up my beautiful face that he had created and it broke his heart I didn't like it. I never covered it up again and my confidence has rocketed. Now I don't even notice it. Please encourage her to embrace it. It's beautiful xxx

Hi
I am a fully qualified makeup artist and camouflage makeup artist based in Hampshire and I do offer camouflage makeup lessons ☺️

Latest posts

Back