Can anyone advise me on salon software please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is correct if you pay yearly you do not own the software.

:eek:

If the sole means of accessing an online salon software system is via a web browser, and there's no "standalone" application running on your computer with a local copy of all your data, then you would pretty much be out of luck if the Internet is down.

You're also relying on third party servers for storing your appointment details and client data, so would need to make sure that the company providing the service were registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act, and had suitable security procedures in place to make sure that only you had access to your client database (e.g. making sure that all access to sensitive information is over a secure connection). If going the "online" route, it would also be wise to go with a company that runs their application on at least two servers on separate sites, in case there was ever an issue with either server or data centre (modern enterprise Web applications can be "clustered" to run on more than one server).

Personally, I think the best of both worlds would be a hybrid of both a standalone system and an online system; the main computer at the salon running a standalone application which maintains a local copy of all appointment details and client details, but constantly synchronises with the online application while the Internet connection is up and running.

Then, if your broadband goes down, you've still got access to your appointment details and client database. But you'd still have all the advantages of an online system too, e.g. being able to securely access the online version of the software from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world, and being able to accept online bookings via the web.

O...M...G... This is absolute jargon to me, a whole nother language :eek:

my favor is unisalons.

cheers:green:

I would just like to confirm that no software needs to have ongoing annual or monthly costs.

Platinum software is purchased outright and nothing more to pay. You do not need the internet to run the system (unless you want it for marketing/auto reminders) and hence cannot lose or are denied access to your data.

You own the software after purchasing and will never be asked for any more money regarding the license.

There is free email support for life after the initial free 60 day free trial and it does have an internet booking feature that is linked to your website.

Online demo's are offered as a way of keeping the costs down to the customer, someone has to pay for that sales rep to come on site!

I have used this software for many years and also have had contact with many of their customers, I have also built up a good relationship with the company which is why I can and always will vouch for them.

Try them yourself and see! 0845 680 0019

Why don't you try Unisalons only £59 no contracts no nothing else to pay.
Has on all a beauty or nail or tan or hair salon needs.

I hope this helps

:green:cheers

Go mobile! Our software will allow to manage your client appointments on the go and send Smart Invitations to reduce now-shows :eek:

Phorest is great to use, sorry if this was already mentioned but I didnt have time to read it all. Its like 'salon systems for dummies'. You can do online booking and every client gets a loyalty tag where they build up points. Very easy to buy gift vouchers and pre pay treatments etc :)

Phorest is great to use, sorry if this was already mentioned but I didnt have time to read it all. Its like 'salon systems for dummies'. You can do online booking and every client gets a loyalty tag where they build up points. Very easy to buy gift vouchers and pre pay treatments etc :)

I looked into Phorest and they seemed like nice bunch of people and while they have some good features, they quoted me about £4000 excluding VAT and their support was pretty pricey! That's quite an investment and with their support fees on top, I couldn't justify it for a computer system.

Salon iris is great and easy to use.

I got a package of the till, barcode scanner and receipt printer and i think it came to about £1000 roughly? But cant quite remember the exact figure, im sure it will be higher now and it probably isnt the best out there but value for money was key to me and salon iris did a fab job

LolaSpa xxx

Why psy s fortune?
Try Unisalons 2012 fantastic kit saved me a fortune.
And the support very well priced.
The only down was that there is no Online booking function.
But i prefer the tel contact....:green:
Cheers

Latest posts

Back