Can beauty oils spontaneously combust?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaynorE

Reaction score
hi all, my sister rents a room from me as a waxer, I have just opened the salon last week and with such a busy period I have lots still to look up regarding waste disposable, health & safety ect.. I have no employees, my business is a partnership with my sister self employed in a room of her own.

anyway, we currently put rubbish bags in a cupboard downstairs and take home or to the tip just until I get time to ring the council and arrange proper rubbish disposal asap after new yr.

my sister is now in a massive panic as she has been told that oils on cotton can cause fires/self combust/blow up the building ect ect, I have been looking into it and all I can find about oils on cotton or rags relates to oils to do with painting/decorating ect that dry using oxidation, therefore creating heat. and seed oils?

surely the oil used during waxing/beauty treatments such as perron rigot's jasmine oil is not at risk of self ignition ? it would have a safety warning on it right?

thanks in advance for your help

Any thoughts?
The trainer I had for facial waxing using Perron rigot and is a member of habia and has never hear of this
My sis has now also told me her wax contains seed oil.
X

Seriously, your wax or ore-wax oil is not going to spontaneously combust!! Haha

I've left my wax pot on for days at a time and my building is still standing.

Sounds like H&S gone nuts to me!!

Latest posts

Back