Can lighting make much difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
In a nut shell, yes!!

I have asked on here about this before and also seen it asked by many other people so thought I'd give it a bit of feedback..

...after many failed attempts at taking pictures showing the true colour of my nails I gave up and decided to treat myself to a lamp that gives natural light....

Here's the results...

Bottom left is no flash using just my household lighting.. Grim!

Bottom right is with flash.. Completely changed the polish colour and the shine of the glitter..

Top pic... Perfectly true colours and no going out in the garden to do so!! Result!! Wheey :D

Happy days!!

This was the lamp I ordered:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MHTNZQ8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered it at 6pm last night and came through the door this morning, so chuffed with it!!

Attachments

• 1453544553084.jpg
    1453544553084.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 411
I'm looking for a decent light for working. I'm using a single led bulb lamp that clips on to my desk but I need to move it around as I work.
How do you find this lamp when your working?

I had a similar problem but it was down to both rubbish lighting & my naff camera! I was using an older Iphone and spent so long taking rubbish pics, I look back now and could kick myself as I did soo many nice nails & have no pics of them at all.

I now take my daylight lamp everywhere with me and have shelled out for a fab lil camera, only out of Argos but great for me! My lamp is a folding daylight lamp, think Argos also sell them in their craft section.

Decent pics are worth their weight in gold in our jobs :)
xx

I'm looking for a decent light for working. I'm using a single led bulb lamp that clips on to my desk but I need to move it around as I work.

I'm wondering this too :) I have been looking around and they've all been £50+ so far so this could be a bargain !! X

Also incase anyone's wondering , I found it in white too at similar cost :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453569410.193463.jpg

I've also just found a slightly cheaper one on amazon too, at £12.99 that's ever so slightly smaller and 6W instead of 8W... Definitely considering buying this as having just paid for my course I'm rather poor! o_O www.amazon.co.uk x

I haven't used as yet as it only arrived this morning and I don't work Saturdays, will be able to tell you on Monday... So sad but I actually can't wait to use it :o :D

I've also just found a slightly cheaper one on amazon too, at £12.99 that's ever so slightly smaller and 6W instead of 8W... Definitely considering buying this as having just paid for my course I'm rather poor! o_O www.amazon.co.uk x
Good find, I missed this!!

I have this in pink I love it! Makes such a difference, I don't know how I managed to do a set of nails before it [emoji23] xx

In a nut shell, yes!!

I have asked on here about this before and also seen it asked by many other people so thought I'd give it a bit of feedback..

...after many failed attempts at taking pictures showing the true colour of my nails I gave up and decided to treat myself to a lamp that gives natural light....

Here's the results...

Bottom left is no flash using just my household lighting.. Grim!

Bottom right is with flash.. Completely changed the polish colour and the shine of the glitter..

Top pic... Perfectly true colours and no going out in the garden to do so!! Result!! Wheey :D

Happy days!!

This was the lamp I ordered:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MHTNZQ8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered it at 6pm last night and came through the door this morning, so chuffed with it!!
I ordered this light after seeing it on geeks...and me o my it is fabulous it reaches right across my nail table and I can see everything no dark spots I can highly recommend it I ordered it Saturday and it came this morning....would like to say thanks very much for posting this light on geeks xx

Ohh I'm glad I could be of help, I used it today and loved it... Here's another pic... The glitter shows so much better!!

Attachments

• 1453753380818.jpg
    1453753380818.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 223
wow, the results are so remarkable and Emily that glitter is GORGEOUS! Might sound like a weird question... but what kind of coverage does it give you on your workspace? The more replies I see the more I want to have one ready for my training, but trying to cut costs wondering whether I can get away with the smaller one, or if the light coverage is going to be too small... If only I had a pile of washing that had a £33 mil lottery ticket in it!! :) x

wow, the results are so remarkable and Emily that glitter is GORGEOUS! Might sound like a weird question... but what kind of coverage does it give you on your workspace? The more replies I see the more I want to have one ready for my training, but trying to cut costs wondering whether I can get away with the smaller one, or if the light coverage is going to be too small... If only I had a pile of washing that had a £33 mil lottery ticket in it!! :) x
I would say get the bigger one I have s mobile nail table and it covers all that area...I sit it on top of my uv light pop a little blu-Tack under it so it stays in place...but it is fabulous!! Well with money of £20 x

Coverage was great, I don't have a massive work area but it definitely shines bright with no shadowing, I forgot to use it until it came to picture time but it kinda flooded the whole table with light..

This is with only the lamp switched on, the room is otherwise in darkness.

Attachments

• 1453758197411.jpg
    1453758197411.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 172
..and another close up.

Attachments

• 1453758248215.jpg
    1453758248215.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 143
Just to add, this is just now, I'm not working my towels aren't normally left messy like this lol :D

I had my eye on one in Amazon for ages but never ordered it. Decided to take the plunge after reading this and it's just arrived. What a difference!! Wish I'd bought one when I first started. Looking forward to my appointments later [emoji16]

Mine arrived yesterday after reading this thread and thank you!! It really is very good and what a bargain :D

Ohh I'm so glad this thread has helped people.. I've been one of those who reads and doesn't actually buy but thought seeing side by side pics might actually help as I was so shocked by the difference :)

Latest posts

Back