Can you perm hair extensions to match a client’s own perm curls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachy Waves

Reaction score
(or will it too fragile?)

I would only do this starting with good quality 100% virgin Remy hair.

Maybe try a test curl like you would normally do?

The client who is interested would want it coloured too. Would you do this after the perm or would it not matter which order it was done in.
I was thinking of a weft. Would that be the best method?

Perming and colouring the hair extensions?
I think your client’s expectations are unrealistic to be honest but in your shoes, I’d probably I’d do some test strands to demonstrate why.

Roxy Hair Extensions do fab virgin Indian naturally curly wefts. They come in natural 1/1b so you’d only have to colour, not perm. They lift really nicely.

Roxy Hair Extensions do fab virgin Indian naturally curly wefts. They come in natural 1/1b so you’d only have to colour, not perm. They lift really nicely.

Thanks for the tip

Perming and colouring the hair extensions?
I think your client’s expectations are unrealistic to be honest but in your shoes, I’d probably I’d do some test strands to demonstrate why.

Well I could buy the right colour from the colour ring and just perm them, but I wasn’t sure if it would be better for the hair to be as natural as it could be when I got it, then to do any chemical procedures myself so I k ow what’s been done to it (if you know what I mean)
I don’t know what chemicals processes manufacturers go through to get the colours so I’d rather control it in-house if that’s reasonable.

Virgin extension hair isn’t untreated hair though. It still goes through various chemical treatments to ensure it’s clean and free from bugs.
It just means it’s not been artificially coloured.

Latest posts

Back