Card machine charges query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-ty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking into a card machine and boy so much choice. I want a mobile one as I rent a room, but think I would prefer one that prints out a receipt instead of them getting a txt or email. Any recommendations, I have been googling ,but I tend to look at night so I cannot phone for queries.

I would like the smallest fee costs, prob per trans to start to see how much use I get, but one question I would like to know is - I have a business account so already pay a monthly fee, plus fees for deposits, so if I'm charged per transaction for the machine company, will I also be charged by my bank for their deposits when the money goes in? It could end up with a lot of charges mounting up if so x

Streamline are good, it was a 2 year sign up thou when I had it, possibly negotiable. You want to look into swopping your business account for a free one most have 2 years free then move or negotiate, dont go paying transaction fees :eek:

theres a few big threads on card machines in the search history with lots of opinions.
x
Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Depends on what kind of deposits into the account. If it's a new account shouldn't cost anything for a year or 2.

Streamline are a merchant bank. I'm with cardsave who operate the chip and pin terminal and the merchant side is basically with streamline. 12month contract 2-4 week setup.

Haggle but I 'think' roughly be £30ish for a mobile terminal at a guess and it will print receipt and have your company name on if you would like. I get 300 free transactions a month in with my monthly rental and then it's around 20p ish per transaction there after. Like I say you can haggle with them. There very good.

Thanks I'll phone around. I'm out of my free banking period when I last looked to change I still had to pay because I had been in business over 2 years, maybe I need to shop around x

If it helps in your decision, we've been using electronic receipts since we set the business up, and non of the clients seem fussed at all. I fact they prefer it when we used to ask if they wanted one printed they always said no....

I'm currently using intuit pay, fees are 2.75 which is high, but there are no contracts or monthly fees. We're looking to change to another now that our average card spend has increased

Latest posts

Back