Card Machines charges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna'sdelights

Reaction score
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/77895-card-machine-yes-no.html

Following this thread I wondered do any of you pass on the charge for your card machine on to your customers? ie like some retail service providers charge £1.50 to pay by card. is this something you do, would do or consider doing. It tend to be a standard charge regardless of your spend but it would help cover the cost that eat into your profit and it is a service to make the clients treatment easier for them. Not sure if I would or not. What do you guys think?

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/77895-card-machine-yes-no.html

Following this thread I wondered do any of you pass on the charge for your card machine on to your customers? ie like some retail service providers charge £1.50 to pay by card. is this something you do, would do or consider doing. It tend to be a standard charge regardless of your spend but it would help cover the cost that eat into your profit and it is a service to make the clients treatment easier for them. Not sure if I would or not. What do you guys think?

Definately not Donna, if you are thinking about it don't do it. We take around £150 per week in Card transactions and without the merchant service our clients could easily go in our neighbouring towns after getting cash from ATM's. I also do not agree that it is easier for them, imho its actually easier for us. We don't have to take Cheques that need to be Banked or that can be stopped, for the cost they are well worth it. The amount of 'retail' we have done also is fantastic. Again if the machine was not there then this would not have happened with many clients.

If you haven't got one then get one, shop around before you do though. We found Cardsave offered the best deal at the time. Even better than our Business Bank.

Latest posts

Back