Cellulitis and massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabrina29

Reaction score
Hi,

Please could somebody advise how long after having cellulitis can a client have a massage ?

I have a lady enquiring about massage who is currently on antibiotics for this.

Thanks

Cellulitis usually has open sores - these must be healed completely and she should ideally be off the ABs... if in doubt ask for a letter from her GP stating that she is fit to have a full massage.

I wouldn't treat her till after the ABs have finished personally and any sores have healed...

Thanks.

The lady has said she has this on her legs , she originally wanted full body massage but has now said she will just have back neck & shoulder , shall I still wait til the course of antibiotics is finished ?

It's a systemic infection...

Thanks again, never heard of the condition until now and just quickly googles and posted on here.

My mother is just getting over this - she had an extreme reaction to an ant bite !
Her leg was swollen and inflamed & she ended up in hospital on an I.V. antibiotic drip.
Do not offer any massage treatments until given the all clear from her G.P. as these are serious infections.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back