Central Hairdressing Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyinpink85

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting to start a hairdressing course and have signed up to my local college but have now found the Central Hairdressing Academy and that they offer advanced apprenticeships, has anyone done this course or can they recommend one?

Thanks

Hi I'm from southend and both my daughters have been to central hairdressing academy.
They did there training in hairdressers and had to go to the academy for day release.
Have you got a job in a hairdressers. as that in my opinion would be your best move. as a salon owner and hairdresser myself. the academy would not be enough. you need to be in a good salon and go on a day release.to gain you qualification. you need salon experience. but that's just my opinion. hth:)

i agree, that how i got my level two, salon based learning, learning in a college is fine but u do most of ur learning once u qualify that way, so why not get the best and learn the most u can as you go along ur training in a workin environment. . x

Hello, i used to work for central training acadamy and i wouldnt advise u to start there.
I used to visit the learners in there salons and all complained of not getting anywhere with the course, it will be much better for u to get in house training on a salon apprentiship..... good luck x

Thanks for all the replies. The problem is I can't do an apprenticeship because I care for my terminally ill mum so can only do part time, I am considering doing a course at southend college in hairdressing as they have an actual salon, your thoughts would be appreciated. Do you think that would be better?

Hello, i used to work for central training acadamy and i wouldnt advise u to start there.
I used to visit the learners in there salons and all complained of not getting anywhere with the course, it will be much better for u to get in house training on a salon apprentiship..... good luck x

hi
when i left school i did an aprenticeship in a salon and at college once a fortnight, i learnt far more then than i did at college i did not complete my training and went into another line of work however two years ago i went back as a 19+ learner which i did a two day a week training at cta for 9 months, if it had not been for the previous training in the salon i had got i dont think it would have been worth me going, they are really not that good at all even though u are trained in a salon there are too many students for one tutor its not the same as learning in a salon and then to top it off, when u try to get a job no one wants you because you dont have "salon experience" i went mobile and now after a yearhave got myself a two day a week job in a salon ( which im left on my own in! eeekk )
training in that way does not give u the confidence and knowledge that you need to go forward with, im alwas asking for help and advise on things i must drive people crazy but i know its the only way im going to learn!
i have heard that j and e do good training and they help find u employment afterwards unlike central training acadamy
xx

Latest posts

Back