Change of Use application - floor plan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Im in the process of changing the use of an office space to a beauty salon. The application was sent off a month ago and Ive just checked online and theres a note from the council saying:

'further information is required on the layout of the beauty salon before a decision is made'.

Can anyone help me with this, as I find the council really unhelpful. Will it mean paying an architect to draw up the floor plan with as much detail as which walls are supporting walls etc, or will it just be a basic floor plan with the sizes of rooms? I will have to call them on Monday but if anyone has been in this situation I'd be so happy for some pointers!!

Thanks!!

Hi geeks,

Im in the process of changing the use of an office space to a beauty salon. The application was sent off a month ago and Ive just checked online and theres a note from the council saying:

'further information is required on the layout of the beauty salon before a decision is made'.

Can anyone help me with this, as I find the council really unhelpful. Will it mean paying an architect to draw up the floor plan with as much detail as which walls are supporting walls etc, or will it just be a basic floor plan with the sizes of rooms? I will have to call them on Monday but if anyone has been in this situation I'd be so happy for some pointers!!

Thanks!!

I imagine they want an architects plan but don't hold me to it.

I changed my salon from office (b1) to Sui Generis.
I was told it would take 8 weeks and I completed on the last day of the 8 wks.
We needed so much information that it was impossible to do, and I didn't have a clue which searches were needed and how to go about them.
I used a planning officer to do it for me, the company was called charisma planning.
I just gave him the address and he did a massive WOD of paperwork.
Gooduck xx

If you check on the online portal you should be able to see other planning applications and you can see all the paperwork and drawings they submitted, that should help you.

This process took me forever, we ending up hiring an architect to plan it out right up to building regs - cost us £300 but well worth it and took the stress away from us. But really, in essence they are looking for a floor plan not all the intricate details.

Latest posts

Back