Changing salon uniforms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karisma

Reaction score
Please help!!!

I'm looking to change our salon uniforms as we need a fresh look but am struggling with ideas. We're a relaxed friendly small salon but still want to look smart. At the moment we wear grey trousers (which I'm happy with as they don't show nail dust up as badly) and white tunics. The tunics are now looking tired, so where do I go?

Have been thinking about polo t-shirts with the salon name printed on them or long sleeve fitted t-shirts with print. If it's one of these would prefer long in the body as we're all quite tall so where would I buy?

Have looked at new tunics but when I'm buying for all my staff it can get quite expensive and most are made of nasty polyester which none of us like. Where have the cotton ones gone? Sob!

Also our salon is rather cold in the winter when your sat most of the day so what would you recommend for warmth? Fleece's with branding, matching cardigans, thin jumpers or just let the girls bring there own?

All ideas and help would be amazing.

Thanks all xx :Scared:

We are just starting out and will be having black poloshirts with our logo. And for winter when it a bit colder I thought about purple hoodies with our logo (purple is on our logo)

xx

The salon I worked in before going mobile used to change the uniform every summer and winter. Being a laid back salon we all just got together and picked a smart outfit out of the next directory, people would always say how nice everyone looked.
If you plan to personalise the uniforms with logos (great for that extra advertising) then polo shirts are an obvious option, personal I am not a fan of polo shirts on women, great for men if you have any.
If I was given a polo shirt as my uniform I'd be gutted, in the beauty industry appearance is such a big thing for us professionals, polo shirts aren't very flattering and if a women can't feel good in something she's wearing less effort will be made in other areas. I had to wear a polo shirt in my part time job I had while at college, I just felt like a frump, as a result my appearance when having to wear this would slip.
Have you spoken to your staff? Maybe they might have some suggestions. Xx

Why not have an idea such as Decleor, a white long sleeve cotton top, with a waistcoat type of over jacket with the logo on it ?

can i offer some advice? i seem to be on a roll today haha

we dont have a uniform as such but we all buy the f&f black polyester trousers from tesco £5 a pair, and the black f&f cropped trousers from tesco £7 a pair and alternate between long and short trousers depending on whether matched with a black top.

it looks professional, the girls love the trousers as NO HAIR at all sticks it really is awesome. i now buy polyester tops for the same reason.

all shops such as peacocks / asda / sainsburys do the trousers or a version of.

just an idea :)

i did a wedding exhibition on sunday and got a t shirt printed(kind of fitted t shirt) and wore with smart trousers and cardy(you could pick any colour cardy!! or in summer wear without cardy lol

Have a look at Simon jersey. I love their uniforms. If you buy in bulk it gets cheaper per item the more you buy. I've had the chocolate brown one button and asymmetrical tunics with either the boot leg trousers or the cropped trousers for the last 3 years and have just re-ordered the new olive green one button tunic with the boot leg trousers and the coral asymmetrical tunic again with boot leg trousers. I wore the green one for the first time today and loved it!! Got fantastic comments from clients too!

Latest posts

Back