Cheryl Cole mahogany red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani88

Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't updated my profile on a laptop but I qualified level 2 a year ago, I have been working in salon until recently but personal issues have led me to be mobile for the time being.

I have been asked to do the Cheryl Cole mahogany red (pic below). The client has fine hair and is currently a coloured level 3. Her natural is around a 5. I'm yet to strand test. She likes the dark with the red but I'm a bit stumped how to achieve this look. It looks like maybe a balayage or lots of foils. I use loreal or wella.

I've not used majicontrast but was thinking maybe majicontrast magenta red foils full head quite a lot so don't drop any sections with her usual level 3 in between and flashing the maji up the weaves in the foils so there are no definite lines. If so am I right in thinking I won't need to lift the hair first as it is still quite a dark red and what level peroxide would I use with the majicontrast?

Or is there any other way you would do it?

Thank you in advance.

Danielle

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1430311788.270714.jpg

I would still pastel cleanse on the previously coloured hair just to make sure the red is vibrant enough and stops the build up from previous colour making it go dark. Cheryl cole also looks like shes had her roots stretched with a natural base colour , so you could stretch the root colour through and alternate slices and weaves of a deep cherry mahogany throughout , (66/56 with 44/65 wella KP comes out lovely ) then in between the foils paint the natural shade right the way through if you want a slightly softer effect.

Latest posts

Back