Chlorine & eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxIndiaxx

Reaction score
Does chlorine effect lash extensions? It's the one thing I didn't think to ask my tutor! Thanks geeks xxx

I definitely believe it effects them. That's why they say swimmers are not good candidates. It's not a big deal if they are in chlorine for summer etc, but to be in chorine everyday it will breakdown the adhesive. Hope that helps!

I have a lady interested in lashes, she swims 3 times a week. Would that be enough to affect the lashes please?

Great question. I had a regular client who's eyelashes never lasted and she was the only one who said this, and she was an avid swimmer!!!

I have a client who is a Paralympic swimmer so she swims twice a day every day and gets on fine. She always says how impressed she is with how long they last. I use Lash Perfect products x

Once fully cured, the glue is very resistant but avoid swimming in the first 24hrs following treatment. There are other factors other than the chlorine though; the eyes being wet for a long period, wiping and towelling the eyes, wearing goggles.

I have a client who is a Paralympic swimmer so she swims twice a day every day and gets on fine. She always says how impressed she is with how long they last. I use Lash Perfect products x

If she's a paralympian then would she be wearing goggles though? Perhaps that's preventing disintegration of the glue.

Yes true but so do non athletes x

Latest posts

Back