Christian Bale hairstyle – what products were used?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I think Bale's hairstyle looks awesome in this image. I don't know if it takes a while to style, but it looks really effortless and natural.

Can you come with a qualified guess as to what hairstyling products he's using? And how to style the hair to get that result?

bale.png

It looks as though its just been blow dried in to shape. Probably with a bit of mousse rubbed in before or any styling product that gives a light hold.

Thanks a lot for your input, Nad1a. Hmm. Today I got some mousse and blow dried the hair in an attempt to recreate the effortless looking hairstyle, but it looks a bit different. My hairstyle looks more formal and less casual, and I wonder what I am doing wrong. What can be done to make it look more like Bale's hairstyle?

From%20right%2C%20salongeek%202013-12-13%2002.38.55.jpg

From%20left%2C%20salongeek%202013-12-13%2002.39.06.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your input, Nad1a. Hmm. Today I got some mousse and blow dried the hair in an attempt to recreate the effortless looking hairstyle, but it looks a bit different. My hairstyle looks more formal and less casual, and I wonder what I am doing wrong. What can be done to make it look more like Bale's hairstyle?

From%20right%2C%20salongeek%202013-12-13%2002.38.55.jpg

From%20left%2C%20salongeek%202013-12-13%2002.39.06.jpg

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the reason you can't re-create Bales hairstyle is his hair is so much thicker than yours, in volume and density, :-( yours looks more softer and finer
You will also struggle due to the way you fringe grows upwards commonly known "cowslick" (unless that's how you blow dried it) you can TRY to take your side parting further over, but still feels your hair is not thick enough to fully achieve his style :-(

Hello, KHS. I agree it'd be easier to get a better match with bigger volume and density, and perhaps also a longer fringe. But the hair looks more like Christian Bale's after I've been to the hairdresser. Here's an image:

Christian%20Bale-frisyre%20med%20mousse%20hos%20fris%C3%B8ren%2C%20slutten%20av%20videoen.png

In that image the hair has been washed, rubbed a little dash of mousse in it and blow dried, so there has to be something I'm not doing right... You can also see that the sides of his hair looks more casual than what I got in my attempt at home.

(Yes, the cowlick was a result of the blow drying.)

Last edited:
Hi, I can see what you've done... Or not done :) when blow drying the sides and fringe flick, use your round brush and blow dry it up and back towards the back if the head, that will then fall giving you the volume bales has and what the stylist created, to get volume you need to lift at the root
You're going to flat :) blow dry it in the opposite direction if you need to to get that root lift then with your fingers comb it back to the correct side
Practise :) you'll do it

Hello, KHS. I agree it'd be easier to get a better match with bigger volume and density, and perhaps also longer fringes. But the hair looks more like Christian Bale's after I've been to the hairdresser. Here's an image:

Christian%20Bale-frisyre%20med%20mousse%20hos%20fris%C3%B8ren%2C%20slutten%20av%20videoen.png

In that image the hair has been washed, rubbed a little dash of mousse in it and blow dried, so there has to be something I'm not doing right... You can also see that the sides of his hair looks more casual than what I got in my attempt at home.

(Yes, the cowlick was a result of the blow drying.)

To be honest, any good hairdresser should be showing you how to recreate the style yourself at home. Ask them to show you how to do it. There's no point going and getting your hair cut a certain way if you don't know how to style it. Gd luck :)

Thanks to the both of you for good advice. Yes, I'll practice and see if I get the hang of it.

I went to the hairdresser only for pointers. So the hairdresser tried to recreate the style. At the first attempt, hair wax was used and it ended up pretty much as formal as this. But at the second attempt (when I described the mousse advice given here) the sides looked the part, but the front got styled pretty differently, so I just let it be.

If practice doesn't make perfect, I might go to another hairdresser.

Last edited:
Hello,

I think Bale's hairstyle looks awesome in this image. I don't know if it takes a while to style, but it looks really effortless and natural.

Can you come with a qualified guess as to what hairstyling products he's using? And how to style the hair to get that result?

bale.png

Anyone who knows how many centimeters of hair one should have to get the hairstyle right?

I am bumping this. Someone who knows (approx) what the ideal length for this haircut is?

Anyone who knows how many centimeters of hair one should have to get the hairstyle right?

You can't put measurements on a hairstyle, the sides will be shorter than the top, the back will be a number of lengths tapering in slightly at the nape.

Plus your hair may sit differently at say 5cm than someone else's hair at 5cm....your stylist will be able to give you a more accurate idea as, she/he can see and feel the texture, how the hair sits

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back