Cleaning the hvlp gun with the airbrush cleaning fluid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmah9

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am newbie ! Ive just started out doing mobile spray tans and the gun I am using is sometimes leaving people a little patchy. I have been rinsing the gun out after every tan with warm water but Im thinking I need to take it to bits and clean the needle as it may be making the solution come out uneven. Ive watched the tutorial on here which was very useful but I have the actual airbrush cleaner and Im not sure how to use it ! :rolleyes:

Do I dilute it ?? I bought the gun second hand so Im 100% sure what Im doing with it and if I will get it back together again either ! :Scared:

Please can someone help me !

Oh thanks ! I did watch that but my gun is different and I cant figure out how to get the needle out even though Ive taken it to bits ! I was thinking maybe I would buy a replacement hvlp gun as I have seen some for £20 but again thats taking the risk that it will actually fit my machine agghh x x x x

I was sure they all work in roughly the same way, what kind of gun do you have? maybe one of the oter geeks may have one the same and could help with how to strip down for cleaning? is it maybe an airbrush? use this type for make up, and depending on what you use it for it needs various cleaning solution, but maybe this will help, theres 2 parts, if not maybe post the kind of gun you have?

YouTube - Cleaning Your Airbrush Part 1

are you sure its the gun leaving them patchy, ie not dry skin on their part or they have moisturised?

Also if you bought your gun second hand there is no knowing whats happened to it in the past - someone could have blunted or bent the needle which would cause you problems.

Get the needle out and getit cleaned, we just use water and its always fine. not sure if you are but fill your gun up with water and spray the water out until its clear coming out not that horrible old tan colour.

Worst case scenario is call a supplier and buy a NEW gun. Second hand is not the way to go - i know it seems cost effective but a lot of the time you end up spending more money on a new gun anyway so its cost you more. xx

Latest posts

Back