Keratin bonds gone white, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelooks

Reaction score
I've been to look at a clients to look at her hair as she called to say her bonds have gone white. When I've got there her bonds have gone white but have remained hard and look like they have swollen a bit which has caused excess shedding and just to comb through the hair it is coming out excessively. Can anyone suggest anything? I spoke to Belle who I trained with and they have never heard of this they would be expecting white and crumbly but not hard. I bought the hair from sjk hair extensions but can't talk to them until their phone lines open tomorrow!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Water has got into the bonds by the sounds of it.

Would this not make them soften up though? It's on every single bond aswell not just a few of them.

As above either water or a product she is using on them, is she using suggested aftercare? Xx

She's been using Aussie leave in conditioner and then VO5 shampoo and conditioner. She tells me she has made sure not to condition the bonds and I do believe her there. But just by going on my own extensions which I must say I have put through their paces I've never come across this. I always thought using wrong products would lead to them softening not remaining hard?

i would imagine the hair products have caused this or maybe she has coloured her roots.

I posted yesterday about her Keartin bonds going white. Ive managed to speak to SJK this morning and they have confirmed what a few of you said, its water got in to the bonds. Now I know this now puts the blame on her, but how do I handle the situation with the client?
I got her to sign a disclaimer and aftercare advice sheet, which states on it that the bonds must be dried once they have been wet. She wore her extensions on holiday which again I did say to her that she needs to try her best to keep them dry.
I am waiting for her to ring me back. I have already offered to remove them for her free of charge (what is left of them) but now I am worried about a solution to the problem.
Ive never had to deal with a problem like this, so wondered how to go about it?
Any advice would be appreciated please.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think if the bonds are not dried correctly it makes them damp and go white.
Change your disclaimer that they need to buy the shampoo/condtioner that you recommend and make sure under the bonds are dried well. its your responsibility unfortunately it this was not on it?.
Ingredients v05
Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Sodium Chloride ,Glycol Distearate ,Hydrolyzed Keratin ,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil ,Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil ,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil ,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil ,Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil ,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract ,Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil ,Cocamide MEA ,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride ,Polyquaternium-47 ,PEG-20 Castor Oil ,Phenethyl Benzoate ,Disodium EDTA ,Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Methylchloroisothiazolinone ,Methylisothiazolinone ,Parfum (Fragrance) ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Citronellol

I wouldnt no much about ingredients though :|

I also think if the bonds are not dried correctly it makes them damp and go white.
Change your disclaimer that they need to buy the shampoo/condtioner that you recommend and make sure under the bonds are dried well. its your responsibility unfortunately it this was not on it?.
Ingredients v05
Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Sodium Chloride ,Glycol Distearate ,Hydrolyzed Keratin ,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil ,Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil ,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil ,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil ,Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil ,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract ,Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil ,Cocamide MEA ,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride ,Polyquaternium-47 ,PEG-20 Castor Oil ,Phenethyl Benzoate ,Disodium EDTA ,Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Methylchloroisothiazolinone ,Methylisothiazolinone ,Parfum (Fragrance) ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Citronellol

I wouldnt no much about ingredients though :|

It is on my disclaimer to use the shampoo and conditioner that I sell or products designed specifically for hair extensions. And as a wor of mouth I do recommend Aussie products aswell. It is on there aswell that bonds must be kept dry and if they get wet they are to be dried off with a low setting. I feel I have covered myself and I get them to sign the disclaimer after reading through the aftercare sheet.

I did have a read through the VO5 ingredients but again didnt understand much, but have been told it does contain silicone!!

Latest posts

Back