White hair coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDH

Reaction score
Hi
I've not done hair in quite a while just family so I'm really in need of a refresh on colour theory to reassure myself before i do this hair.
She's been having highlights with 6% and a 10.21 toner which has been beautiful for 2 years. However, she's now salt and pepper in the back (the remaining nb is a 6) and id say 95% white on top (aside from a small section at the peak which still has some nb)
The highlights aren't really working anymore. So i need to transition to colour for coverage as she wants to look blonde. I'd use a base 9 to ensure full coverage. The brand i use suggest 50% base to 50% desired tone. My idea is...

9.0 + 9.21 with 6% on the 95%white
Same in the back and peak.. less base and 9%

Would this be right? Last thing i want is for it to look brassy she would hate it. She has a really clean looking blonde bob it's just obviously it's constantly looking like she's got huge grey roots.

Hi
I've not done hair in quite a while just family so I'm really in need of a refresh on colour theory to reassure myself before i do this hair.
She's been having highlights with 6% and a 10.21 toner which has been beautiful for 2 years. However, she's now salt and pepper in the back (the remaining nb is a 6) and id say 95% white on top (aside from a small section at the peak which still has some nb)
The highlights aren't really working anymore. So i need to transition to colour for coverage as she wants to look blonde. I'd use a base 9 to ensure full coverage. The brand i use suggest 50% base to 50% desired tone. My idea is...

9.0 + 9.21 with 6% on the 95%white
Same in the back and peak.. less base and 9%

Would this be right? Last thing i want is for it to look brassy she would hate it. She has a really clean looking blonde bob it's just obviously it's constantly looking like she's got huge grey roots.
I definitely agree that it's time to stop bleaching the almost white hair. Using 9.0 + 9.21 does sound good for the top. I would be concerned about using the same with only 9% for the back. If the back is that much darker and less white hairs. I wouldn't use base. And potentially look at using highlift maybe instead ?

Latest posts

Back