Cloud9 The O

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daydreams01

Reaction score
Just wondered how any other hairdressers have got on with the cloud9 styling equipment range. I bought the bundle when I went to salon international this week, got the O, waving wand, iron & another curling wand.
I Was really looking forward to using the O as heard good feedback, however it really ripped my hair out when we took the rollers out on mine. My hair is v.fine but in ok condition, has colour on it, I don't use heat on it more than a couple of times a week but often use the sleep Velcro rollers to give a bit of volume and they are no where near as harsh on the hair. I will now be nervous about using this on any clients with fine hair in case same thing happens. Also the curl was not as good as expected, have had better results with the babyliss heated rollers or blow drying curly and using irons or wand to curl a bit more. The large curlers didn't do much at all and the set does not provide enough curlers for a full head if your hair is v.long or thick. It was a lot of money and I could have bought the cheaper diva range to do the same thing but wanted to invest in quality tools. Cloud9 always say their range is kinder to the hair but I have never had this happen before, it was quite a chunk of hair in the roller. Am really disappointed. Has anyone else got the O and if so do you have any tips. Am worried it will just sit on the side now and be a waste of money!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

We have the O but it never gets used anymore. It is supposed to give volume but not curl.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It says volume and beautiful curls on all the cloud9 videos! Why do you not use it anymore, did you find a problem with it pulling the hair out also? Feel a bit gutted now that I have wasted my money!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

If I remember correctly (and it was a few years ago) the rep selling it told us it was more for body rather than curls like you would achieve normall heated rollers.

I guess the reason we don't use them is because after putting them all in, you have to wait for them to cool down and it is a lot of time just to get some volume into the hair, and in most cases I can get volume by blowdrying alone.

I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I find that you have to tell the client is is more for body, otherwise when you put in all these rollers if they are expecting big curly hair, they will be dissapointed when you take them out!

They are probably good for people doing their hair themselves.. maybe others have found them more useful, just my experience with this product.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love my O, I don't use it often as I am mobile but when I go into a salon I will use it more. I use mine mostly for wedding, set the hair then either go in to someone else or do makeup, hair is an by the time I have taken them out. Yes it's more bounce than curl and I bought extra rollers when I got mine, and yes it was expensive but a lot of heated rollers leave little imprints in the hair which The O doesn't.

Sounds to me like you didn't lift them up and out of the hair? I can't understand how they would rip hair out. It's never happened to me, on my hair or a clients :s

Last edited:
Thanx for your reply but don't think it's the way they were removed! Had it done twice this week to give my stylists a chance to use it, one of them has over 20 yrs experience so pretty sure it's not her technique! :wink2: glad you r getting on ok with it, think I will need to order some more of the small rollers and hopefully will get some use out of it in the Xmas party season. X

Latest posts

Back