CND lamp help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie..x

Reaction score
I qualify in nails in June and I would like to use CND products, I have a friend who is already using CND in her salon but she uses a Crystal Nails UV lamp. She has said she had a lot of problems with the CND lamp......

Could anyone please help me - I didn't think it was advisable to use a lamp not designed for that brand???

Has anyone else got the Crystal Nails UV Lamp and how do they find it???

Any advice would be appreciated as I am new to all this and would like to make sure I am working with the best products!!!

Thankyou
Xx

I had several problems with the CND lamp.

Firstly it got stuck on the 10 second timer, then was powering up like an aircraft about to take off and making a funny smell [emoji33] and finally the lead kept falling out of the back of the lamp

Each time CND sent me a new lamp free of charge and next day, couldn't ask for more

Well the new lead still falls out so I've sellotaped it in lol but I'd say persevere, sweet squared will sort out any problems

Maybe she didn't buy it from an authorised distributor

Def use the correct lamp x

How strange my one the lead falls out the back too. I thought it was just mine. Although other than that I think it's great at curing.

I had several problems with the CND lamp.

Firstly it got stuck on the 10 second timer, then was powering up like an aircraft about to take off and making a funny smell [emoji33] and finally the lead kept falling out of the back of the lamp

Each time CND sent me a new lamp free of charge and next day, couldn't ask for more

Well the new lead still falls out so I've sellotaped it in lol but I'd say persevere, sweet squared will sort out any problems

Maybe she didn't buy it from an authorised distributor

Def use the correct lamp x

Thanks a lot for your help! I'm so unsure of what to do! I really wanted the CND lamp but it just puts me off a bit and a few people seem to have had problems with them. My friend said the Crystal Nails lamp was brilliant & she's never had a problem and uses it all day in salon with shellac, xx

Just remember that there are many more thousands, worldwide, using the CND LED lamp with great success. I've had mine since it's launch almost 2 years ago and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Statistically I would suggest you would be more likely to encounter curing issues when using a non compatible lamp than you are the recommended one. Also bear in mind using an alternative lamp contrary to CND instructions and could therefore invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim.

Just remember that there are many more thousands, worldwide, using the CND LED lamp with great success. I've had mine since it's launch almost 2 years ago and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Statistically I would suggest you would be more likely to encounter curing issues when using a non compatible lamp than you are the recommended one. Also bear in mind using an alternative lamp contrary to CND instructions and could therefore invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim.

Thanks for your response :)! I was thinking the same myself I didn't think it was advisable to use a lamp that isn't the same system but thought I'd get some advice on here first. Would you say it was worth investing in the LED or the UV CND lamp? - I know LED is quicker but not all products can be cured with it yet can they? x

Thanks for your response :)! I was thinking the same myself I didn't think it was advisable to use a lamp that isn't the same system but thought I'd get some advice on here first. Would you say it was worth investing in the LED or the UV CND lamp? - I know LED is quicker but not all products can be cured with it yet can they? x
I believe the UV lamp is being discontinued but you could call Sweet Squared to confirm.

I believe the UV lamp is being discontinued but you could call Sweet Squared to confirm.
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] really?

I find I need a new one every 2 years as they go wrong, so does that mean we'll all have to convert to led?

Last edited:
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] really?

I find I need a new one every 2 years as they go wrong, so does that mean we'll all have to convert to led?
I'm sure I've read that somewhere but youve got me questioning myself now lol best thing is to call S2 to check.......then confirm on here :)

Mine doesn't like one of the channels underneath, if I use the other channel it works fine.

I plan to have two lamps when I start working so if one breaks the other will still be ok.

I've just looked on the S2 site and the UV lamp is no longer on there, just the LED.

I've just looked on the S2 site and the UV lamp is no longer on there, just the LED.
I love my LED it's an amazing lamp and I've had mine since it launched and apart from the lead popping out it's perfect- I've just taped the lead and it's fine and yes the UV is discontinued

I've had my uv lamp for 4 years now it hasn't need new bulbs yet. Isn't used constantly... do you think this could be the reason shellac isn't lasting anymore than a week on my clients??

I've had my uv lamp for 4 years now it hasn't need new bulbs yet. Isn't used constantly... do you think this could be the reason shellac isn't lasting anymore than a week on my clients??
you can check how many hours are left on the bulbs by pressing the reset button on the lamp. Also check that the bulbs are all working and clean, no smudges of Shellac of them.

It says it has 43 hours left so I figured I was still good? Thanks for your help x

I had the CND uv lamp for years with no issues but purchased the led one just before Xmas & I have to say it's amazing!! My uv one was fine but it was time for a change, to me the product feels like its cured even harder & even my clients are really noticing a difference too!

Great. Maybe I'll invest x

Hardware faults are a pain, but also a reality. Most manufacturers have a fault tolerence of 5% for faulty hardware. I have known some companies that have had up to 25%.

Its super frustrating for us, but even more so for you when it happens. You can count on us to ensure the frustration for you is short lived and as minimal as possible. That is... our job :)

Regarding the UV lamp status:

The UV lamp was discontinued a couple years ago when the LED light was released. In anticipation, we bought in super heavy to cover those wanting it (personally a bigger fan of the UV lamp for Pedis). We also managed to get another batch produced earlier this year for our market. However I suspect they are now gone. We have and will keep pounding the table for more though (including bulbs).

Latest posts

Back