CND Master Classes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
I did a search and came across a few threads but they didn't really cover my questions. I took the master painter last November and I'm taking the other two in a couple weeks. I'm nervous because I literally have no experience with enhancements at all. I took the brisa skill building class a couple weeks ago and sculpted one horrendous finger. The class was great but way too short. It seems like you guys in the UK have no regulation but tons of education options while we have tons of regulations and no education! If it wasn't for CND offering skill building and master classes every once in a long while there wouldn't be any way to learn how to do enhancements. From what I've read, master classes in the UK have prerequisites and standards to pass. As far as I know here, there aren't any of either. Basically, I'm taking the "master" class to learn the very basics and I'm embarrassed by that. I know it shouldn't be that way. I don't even want to try practicing because I believe that there's no sense in teaching myself bad habits. I want to practice properly but I have to be taught first. I know I should do some one to one with an EA but I've just spent all my money on the master classes so I'll have to wait a bit. I just realized I haven't asked any questions just complained ;)
So, has anyone taken the master classes here in the states? Were there any beginners? What should I do to prepare? Thank you!

im in the UK but i couldnt possibly have passed my masters without the pre classes and some 121 with my educator and then a whole month of practising EVERY day prior to the masters!!

Oh no! Don't tell me that!

like you said hun it is different in the usa to here so speak to someone who has done it there but i was under the impression that it was harder in the usa!

good luck whichever hun xx

i just thought, i practised every day on tips so you could do that??its amazing how good you get just from that if you dont have models to practise on....i kept doing smile lines over and over and over!!

Oh no! Don't tell me that!

CND Master Classes in the US are open to nail pros of all levels, here in the UK we have some pre-requisites for attending.

If you have any worries get in contact with your CND Education Ambassador and grab a few hours one to one ahead of time to increase your confidence!

Good luck, you're gonna love it! :)

SugarMama, where are you located? I'm in Arkansas and the educational opportunities are horrible! I've traveled as long as a five hour drive for my Master Painter class, and will be taking the Master Sculptor class in a couple of weeks. I'm going in nearly blind on gels android wish there could have been a skill builder class somewhere near me first. There was one offered, but not enough people signed up, so it was switched to a "demo only" class. I sure wasn't going to drive 300 miles to watch someone do nails.
So....I feel your pain and concern. Contact CND and find an educator in your area. I am lucky in that our only EA in Arkansas is only about 30 minutes away from me. She was gracious enough to have me at her salon for a few hours and coached me through Brisa Sculpting gel.
Hopefully I won't make a fool of myself at the class!
Go to YouTube and see all of the videos there. They're a big help!

Souz, thank you, I will start practicing on tips. Luckily I have two willing guinea pigs for L&P lined up after I do the course. I know it's not nice to criticize other people's work (especially when I know I can't do it yet myself) but these two ladies have thick, flared, acrylics with the white almost longer than the pink and since I see a lot of that around here, they must think it looks good?! I hope that's not what they're looking for. Anyway, I digress.

Thanks Wee Fee, I will definitely get some one on one time booked soon. I'm going to email the EA that taught my master painter since she was awesome.

Susan, I'm in the same boat in MA. I've had to go out of state for nearly every class. To take the sculptor and architect, I was going to drive the 5 hours to the class and sleep in my car for two days and drive back. Luckily my dad flipped out at the thought and he's taking me (even booked the hotel, dinner reservations, etc. :D Yes, I have the best dad ever). Even though my family doesn't understand any of this, they are helping. My husband is even taking two days off from his "real job" (as opposed to mine that is "fake" :rolleyes: ) to watch our son while I'm gone for a couple days. I love my job though so I'm going to keep plugging away :)

Souz, thank you, I will start practicing on tips. Luckily I have two willing guinea pigs for L&P lined up after I do the course. I know it's not nice to criticize other people's work (especially when I know I can't do it yet myself) but these two ladies have thick, flared, acrylics with the white almost longer than the pink and since I see a lot of that around here, they must think it looks good?! I hope that's not what they're looking for. Anyway, I digress.

Thanks Wee Fee, I will definitely get some one on one time booked soon. I'm going to email the EA that taught my master painter since she was awesome.

Susan, I'm in the same boat in MA. I've had to go out of state for nearly every class. To take the sculptor and architect, I was going to drive the 5 hours to the class and sleep in my car for two days and drive back. Luckily my dad flipped out at the thought and he's taking me (even booked the hotel, dinner reservations, etc. :D Yes, I have the best dad ever). Even though my family doesn't understand any of this, they are helping. My husband is even taking two days off from his "real job" (as opposed to mine that is "fake" :rolleyes: ) to watch our son while I'm gone for a couple days. I love my job though so I'm going to keep plugging away :)[/QUOT

You're a lucky girl to have such a sweet dad! I'd be horrified if any child of mine slept in a car, but at the same time proud that she'd be so determined to learn her profession. Yeh.... Those husbands who think you don't have a real job? BAH!!! Mine has all sorts of degrees and I still make more than he does. Yes, it took me a while, but it's pretty satisfying...lol don't tell him I said so, hmmm?

After spending hundreds on classes I didn't have anything left to spend on a hotel ;) Congrats on making more than your hubby, I don't think I'll ever get to that point but I'm having fun so I don't care :)

Are you on Facebook? I have networked with a great amount of tech's and have been able to shadow with them to learn the ropes. In the end, it is really up to us individually to keep practicing, networking and going to nail events we can find. I traveled over 3 hours and spent the night for my Brisa class (driving over the Snoqualmie Pass was rather traumatic, we had no snow tires and weather was bad), traveled a couple hours for my master painter class and attended a nail event 3 hours away and car pooled for that one (spent the weekend and split the room). Add me on FB and I can hook you up to some great nail tech pages. There are some amazing tech's out there that have been sharing their knowledge.

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.glover.9216

Thank you Melissa! Adding you right now.

Melissa is a great friend to have! She has researched well and made great contacts. She understands the power of networking.

CND is more than a great brand, it's a great community of support and friendships.

I've just converted to CND and have gotten great advice from both Melissa and Susandoeshair. Susan is an experienced tech and can point you in the right direction. Good luck and hope to see you around.

Melissa is a great friend to have! She has researched well and made great contacts. She understands the power of networking.

CND is more than a great brand, it's a great community of support and friendships.

I've just converted to CND and have gotten great advice from both Melissa and Susandoeshair. Susan is an experienced tech and can point you in the right direction. Good luck and hope to see you around.

Thanks, Bo! Made me feel good 😘

Latest posts

Back