CND Shellac & Additives-combination similar to Revlon's Teak Rose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Holly

Reaction score
Okay, I tried to be as to the point in the heading as I could, I have a elderly client who's been hooked on Revlon's "Teak Rose" (161) for years, it's all she wears. Apparently they are cutting it out of their line? I'm not sure, but it's increasingly difficult to find in our area.
I tried CND "Rose Bud" but it's a bit too pale for her liking, it needs to be a bit deeper pink. So I was wondering if Haute Pink would add that little extra, or if it would then be TOO pink :Scared:

Also if anyone has any other suggestions, doesn't have to be CND, that would be great. She's a family friend too so I'm really wanting to help her out.

This isn't my photo but hopefully gives a idea, rose bud is just a bit too wishy washy to pass for that colour :rolleyes:
00310.jpg

I'd try some layering options maybe rosebud over wildfire or pink bikini. Just experiment on some pops. Good luck.

It looks just like mocha pink in ibd just gel! :)
One of clients has it every time!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410159816.701350.jpg

I had a go at making something similar without shimmer. Its made up of Burnt Romance (1 drop), Rosebud (2 drops) & Megamix (2 drops). I painted 3 coats but think that 2 would have done. I've showed it again the raw colours to show the difference. Very quick and easy to do, its a lovely colour made out of 2 I'm not fussed about LOL.

The lighting was too bright this morning but if you want to see it more clearly I'll try again a bit later.

HTH

Karaxxx

Attachments

• Teak rose colour.jpg
    Teak rose colour.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 280
It looks very similar to 'OPI yucatan if you want'

(Not my picture but it looks like a good match)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410183151.873425.jpg

Felicity xx

oohh it does too!!! is that the same on all nails? the two furthest away look kind of shimmery?

I'm not too sure. It was a photo off the internet. I don't have any of the ones I've done to hand.
It really does look the same though!

Just checked, and that photo had a different shade on the first 2 fingers, but the ring and little fingers are definitely mocha pink :)

I've also found a photo of some swatches which are mine. Mocha pink is number 12! :) x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410188366.207461.jpg

Ooohhhh thank you heaps guys! You're the best :Love:
I did rosebud on her just to tide her through last week, so I'll probably go the OPI and hopefully it's a close match... She apparently used to buy the matching nail polish and lipstick which is why she was so intent on the exact shade - she makes me laugh :lol:

I'm just waiting to hear how she went with her first try of gel, or if she'd prefer to go back to varnish

sorry, shellac, not gel....

Latest posts

Back