CND Shellac wear on nurses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a client that has gone a week wearing shellac and now the free edge has started to chip,peel on two of her fingers now I'm wondering if it was my prep or if I didn't seal the free edge well enough or if it's simply from all the hand sanitizer she's been using. now I offered her a free redo however moving forward for the future since I don't have much experience in this Area yet I was wondering this a regular thing with nurses or anybody that uses hand sanitizer that often? Should I be putting two layers of topcoat for people that have jobs that require consistent hand sanitation .. any advice would be awesome thank you ladies

Hospital strength hand sanitizer definitely affects shellac and it lifts quicker.

The nurses I have as clients are not allowed to wear any nail polish or gel for work. They just have shellac for holidays, which lasts fine, and then I soak it off for them before they go back to work.

Hi Hun I had a mid wife that used to come to me she was regular for around 4 years and the sanitizer and scrubbing up would destroy her shellac in the end she was such a lovely understanding client that I set a special deal for her to come every week at a reduced rate then they survived beautifully x

From evidential experience (so actual people rather than taught or declared by experts) I'm finding anyone who needs to wear gloves for work get really bad free-edge seperation and/or chipping. I think it's just where the nails and finger tips get sweaty and soft so buckle and the product just can't withstand the flexing.

They wash and sanitise their hands more than any other profession I have a friend who is a Physio and its ruined her hands and nails washing and sanitising so often shellac is deffo not the answer for a nurse, I would suggest acrylic or gel overlays but I'm sure they wouldn't be aloud

Thank you all [emoji3]

Nurses are not allowed to wear polish. Personally I wouldn't do them as they will not get 14days therefore they will be disappointed xx

Yes, also in Germany nurses are not allowed to wear polish! But it depends also to the nursing management who rules the hospital ;-).
In some cases they turn a blind eye if the nurse are using very very tender colours...

I personaly make good experiences with Shellac also on those highly stressed nails from nurses if they use regiosly their Solar Oil or Rescue.
They love the protection of Shellac because the desinfection often dry out their natural nails.
Sure - how long the Shellac will last - it depends like all the other clients on the personal condition of the nails and desinfection is a part of the problem but in my experiences it is not such a big problem as we may think

Perhaps the new Topcoat Duraforce will be a good option to get more protection against desinfection (ups, I am a poet :)), a rhyme in english
emoji3.png
).

Oh sorry ladies I forgot to mention I live in Canada

Latest posts

Back