College help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missljw

Reaction score
Hi,

I know theres quite a few things on here about college courses but i can't find what i'm looking for.

Im wanting to go down the complimentary/holistic route, and can't find any decent courses for this. I've done my level 3 massage, which included swedish, hot stone, indian head and pre-blended aroma. I'm looking for something that includes atleast reflexology and aromatherapy.

I live in Nottingham, but close to Derby so anywhere around these areas. I've found one course at Central Beauty school, but havent heard very good reviews from a couple of girls i know who have been there.

So if you know any courses that aren't just a day or 2, any help would be great!

I know it's not close but The Middlesex School of Complimentary Medicine is an excellent place to learn, you could always stay over in a local hotel. Their courses are comprehensive with extremely knowledgeable tutors, they have a wide range of courses to choose from both long and short. I've recently done an evening class on massaging people with sciatica and periformis syndrome, it was amazing.

HTH
Karaxxx

If when you say Central Beauty School, youre refering to the one that is also known as White Rose College then I strongly recommend it. I went to the one in Manchester and it was one of the best beauty schools I've ever been to. Really thourough and focussed and very helpful.

Hi there,

If you want to go down the holistic route then the White Rose college is very good. They have a college in Nottingham so give them a try and hope they can offer you the course you're after.

Thanks everyone. I will have a look into the Middlesex one.

Yes it was the white rose college i was refering too. I think I will probably go for this one, I suppose different people have different experinces, i just know a couple that havent found it too good.

White rose college in manchester is brilliant! Im sure the other white rose colleges are of a similar good quality.

New college Nottingham do a NVQ 3 Holistic Therapy Diploma which is a full time course and covers Anatomy, Phisiology, Pathology, Aromatherapy, Reflexology. This is a great course, I did it some years ago and covered all of the units apart from the Pathology. Hope this is helpful :)

Hi,
If you have a look on VTCT's website, it lists 3 providers for the Level 3 Complementary Therapies diploma ( New College is one of them ).. if you search qualifications, find the diploma, then click on the drop down menu in the top left corner and choose your county it gives you the list of who does it .

New college Nottingham do a NVQ 3 Holistic Therapy Diploma which is a full time course and covers Anatomy, Phisiology, Pathology, Aromatherapy, Reflexology. This is a great course, I did it some years ago and covered all of the units apart from the Pathology. Hope this is helpful :)

Unfortunately they don't do that exact course anymore. They do a course which includes reflexology and aromatherapy(not sure if this is pre blended) but it also includes body massage. I've done my level 3 massage which included swedish, preblended aroma, indian head and hot stone. Thanks though :)

Hi,
If you have a look on VTCT's website, it lists 3 providers for the Level 3 Complementary Therapies diploma ( New College is one of them ).. if you search qualifications, find the diploma, then click on the drop down menu in the top left corner and choose your county it gives you the list of who does it .

Thanks, as I said in my last reply I don't really want to have to do a course that includes body massage again. Thats why i was looking at white rose as its advanced massage along with the other things I'd like to do.

Thanks alot!

Latest posts

Back