Colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey just needed some advice on a client and were I stand, I have a client that has been coming to
Me for about 3-4 months now and I know her personally so I feared she had the potential to be hard work lol anyway she's bleach blonde all
Over with a toner and her hair is over processed and fried basically, she wanted brown all over and after scouring this page about going from blonde to brown and pre pigging etc I was feeling nervous about doing it anyway, we don't have perfecton to pre pig and was unsure how to use anything else so I just thought back on what the college told me to always include a /7 or /07 in your formula, so I went for colour touch 77/07 just incase she had a freak out and wanted to go back blonde immediately, anyway it turned out lovely she was happy with it and said it was what she wanted and thankfully we didn't use the swatch that she picked which was a 5 base but I advised her that a 5 would be really dark! Well she has messaged today asking how easy it would be to go blonde again, she wants it done before Friday and it's Thursday tomoro??!!! I don't actually have time to do it and have advised her it will lighten after washing, but she said she hasn't got the patience to wait for it to lighten, she said she likes the colour but she feels being brunette drains her, after convincing me she used to be brown all the time so she dug her heels in that she wanted brown, what do I do??

Don’t do it, you need to do a strand test before you do anything to ensure it will lift and keep the hairs integrity. Only then can you start moving towards blonde again. Tough shit to her.. she’d soon moan if she was bald and hold you to account for it. Hopefully you explained that if she wanted to be blonde again it’s not an over night process and can take months, a lot of time and money. Xx

Why's that your problem? Be firm and don't let her walk all over you.
Explain to her that changing your hair colour isn't the same as changing your clothes and she'll have to wait until your next available appointment.
The more you pander to her whims, the more demanding she'll get.

Tell her you don’t have the time to do it this week. Your better letting her go somewhere else because it sounds like she won’t be happy and it will come back on more of ur time and money being used

Yeah I said to her during colour consultation about using a semi rather than a permanent just incase but she said no iv been brown before I won't want it changed, i hope she does lol thanks for the advice will just say I can't manage it this week :) xx

Some people are just like this- re do it and charge her it’s not your fault -do you have access to colour Renew?

She wants it done for Friday though lol and I actually don't have any space, I'm too soft lol one minute I think it's my duty to change it to make her happy but then I think well no that's what she wanted in the first place when I explained everything to her about the process of it, and if she said she hated it and it's mess I'd probably be working all night trying to fix it but she said she likes the colour, I just told her to wash it with head a shoulders lol if she's desperate to have it done for Friday she will have to find someone else to do it xx

And no I don't have access too that, iv just convinced my boss to take in wellaplex which I also offered to the client and told her how amazing it is but she wasn't buying it xx

Latest posts

Back