Colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherscarlett

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411996751.305238.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411996760.344734.jpg

Hi I have a client (the picture that isn't cara deliviegne) who wants her hair exactly like the photo of cara... Light brown at the roots ombre into the blonde.. What would be the easiest way to do this as she wants the natural highlighted effect aswell.. Full head highlights and then ombre it but the other way round applying the tint to the root area?

Tell her not to colour her hair for 6 months 😉

Haha! That would be an easy option but somehow I don't think she will agree to that!

Tell her not to colour her hair for 6 months 😉

Haha! That would be an easy option but somehow I don't think she will agree to that!

View attachment 75745View attachment 75746

Hi I have a client (the picture that isn't cara deliviegne) who wants her hair exactly like the photo of cara... Light brown at the roots ombre into the blonde.. What would be the easiest way to do this as she wants the natural highlighted effect aswell.. Full head highlights and then ombre it but the other way round applying the tint to the root area?

That seems like a lot of effort. Is your client really sure that she knows what she wants? A simple ombre would achieve the same result without lowlights. Applying and smudging the colours together. What colour choices were you thinking?

That seems like a lot of effort. Is your client really sure that she knows what she wants? A simple ombre would achieve the same result without lowlights. Applying and smudging the colours together. What colour choices were you thinking?

I say client but she is a friend haha! Yes she said she would like it exactly like that, the reason I said a full head of highlights is because the blonde you see in the photo is only on the top layer of her hair so all underneath is darker about 6 or a 7, I thought the root area should be an ashy 7 ??

I say client but she is a friend haha! Yes she said she would like it exactly like that, the reason I said a full head of highlights is because the blonde you see in the photo is only on the top layer of her hair so all underneath is darker about 6 or a 7, I thought the root area should be an ashy 7 ??

Could just be me, but looks more like subtle balayage than highlights. Which would cut your time down considerably. 😁

FORMULA
I would start @ the bottom using a 6%+ bleach for freehanding the last 6-7" from end-mid shaft. Base a 50/50 mix of Nlv.5+6 for root to meeting stroke of bleach using a plastic board to lay section on for color application.

METHOD
Only do the bleach ends every 2" or so, vertically traveling, by 1/2" thick sections for bleaching working in a even circumference from: front hair line-back-opposite front hairline = bleach @ 6-7",.... Base = @ root & lightly carried downwards into the bleach placement(ends-mid shaft) of about 1-1.5'. Color the 2" vertical spacing's with base color only between 2.5" bleach sections(picture has some darker base in ends not solid blond)

LAST FORMULA+METHOD
Do top blond section with a bleach+3% in same method freehand, described above but 5-6" or best guess depending on layer hair length! Freehand freshly mixed base formula =3/4 6N:1/4 5N @ 3%.

The base will be close to 1 or 1/2 lv darker than pic @ first but will fade quick more true to pic color(base 6-7N) plus using more 6 in top blond hair will not darken it too much & naturally occurring depth with more lv5N in interior hair is the normal tonality pattern of hair color naturally. Overlapping the base col-the end of bleach col, makes no set lines & produces the nice fade in col transition......Charge for col correction first col & normal $$$ for up keep services.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back