Colour correct from auburn to bronde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cremeegg86

Reaction score
I would really love some help.
I'm Level 2 trained in hairdressing but use this board to talk more about nails and lash extensions. I only do basic hair clients but this is about my own hair.

I've just had a baby and noticed that my regrowth had darkened from a natural 9 to a 7.
I had a full head of highlights that had gone pretty warm over the months.

I decided I want to take my hair to its natural level 7, but keep it quite warm, so maybe a 7 brunette blonde. Basically, I was thinking 'bronde'.

I went to the the local hairdressers and they did the following:

Pre pigged my hair with an 8R for ten minutes
Put a 7N all over my hair for 30 minutes (permanent).

It's awful. It's a level 6 auburn. Don't get me wrong, the colour is nice but I'm too fair to carry it off and I didn't want something that required maintenance now I have a baby. And it's just not what I wanted, I wanted it to look like my own hair colour.

So I want to see I can minimise the red slightly and lift it a level. Can I get it close to bronde?

If I put an 8n all over would that work do you think?

Please don't suggest I go back to the shop - they had to ring a number of people to figure out what to do in the first place so I just don't trust them, and to be honest it's easier with the baby to do it at home.

To be honest, I could live with the red undertone if it was a level lighter and more appropriate for my complexion. Any suggestions would be great, and any ideas as to why it went darker and more red would be great as I really like to learn along the way.

Thanks so much in advance, I love reading all the suggestions on here and learning so I really hope someone can offer some it up for me! I'm happy to post pictures if that would help.

An 8R? What were they thinking???
Firstly, going from a 9 to a 7 shouldn't need pre-pigging anyway and then to put a 7N over the top?
Are you sure the person who did it was qualified, as it's just so bizarrely wrong? :eek:

Adding any more tint at this stage (regardless of level) will simply add more colour pigment to the hair making it look darker.

You're going to have to remove the red tone and you can only do this with bleach or a colour remover.

An 8R? What were they thinking???
Firstly, going from a 9 to a 7 shouldn't need pre-pigging anyway and then to put a 7N over the top?
Are you sure the person who did it was qualified, as it's just so bizarrely wrong? :eek:

Adding any more tint at this stage (regardless of level) will simply add more colour pigment to the hair making it look darker.

You're going to have to remove the red tone and you can only do this with bleach or a colour remover.

This made me laugh! I needed a laugh as I'm so mortified at this whole situation.

Yes I know for sure that they're qualified, they've been working there for 20 years! They were a colour technician.

I've stopped laughing now as I think this will be complicated for me to do.

Maybe I could bleach bath it?

I would really love some help.
I'm Level 2 trained in hairdressing but use this board to talk more about nails and lash extensions. I only do basic hair clients but this is about my own hair.

I've just had a baby and noticed that my regrowth had darkened from a natural 9 to a 7.
I had a full head of highlights that had gone pretty warm over the months.

I decided I want to take my hair to its natural level 7, but keep it quite warm, so maybe a 7 brunette blonde. Basically, I was thinking 'bronde'.

I went to the the local hairdressers and they did the following:

Pre pigged my hair with an 8R for ten minutes
Put a 7N all over my hair for 30 minutes (permanent).

It's awful. It's a level 6 auburn. Don't get me wrong, the colour is nice but I'm too fair to carry it off and I didn't want something that required maintenance now I have a baby. And it's just not what I wanted, I wanted it to look like my own hair colour.

So I want to see I can minimise the red slightly and lift it a level. Can I get it close to bronde?

If I put an 8n all over would that work do you think?

Please don't suggest I go back to the shop - they had to ring a number of people to figure out what to do in the first place so I just don't trust them, and to be honest it's easier with the baby to do it at home.

To be honest, I could live with the red undertone if it was a level lighter and more appropriate for my complexion. Any suggestions would be great, and any ideas as to why it went darker and more red would be great as I really like to learn along the way.

Thanks so much in advance, I love reading all the suggestions on here and learning so I really hope someone can offer some it up for me! I'm happy to post pictures if that would help.
I would probably try a cleanse with warm water and bleach sometimes I add cleansing shampoo, this should remove any build up of the colour off the surface of your hair, and should fade out some of that red, this is probably your safest option without causing any problems and the need to re colour afterwards. Hope this helps

I can't believe that's what they did for a bronde!! I always find 1:1 6.3 and bleach toned to a 8/9 always is a nice bronde! They should have just done lowlights then toned not messed around with pre pigging ect how frustrating as they've made it difficult to achieve your target colour now I'd get my money back! I agree with previous post gentle bleach bath then go from there it will probably lift abit warm so could tone with 7/81 xx

Wow.......a level 7N has yellow pigment missing not red. No red should have been used at all only gold if the hair was missing the depth of a lv.7 raw. Gold is the underlying pigment! You could give it a good soap cap/bleach bath with a little 30vol+bleach & shampoo applied to dry hair time 15-25 mins to remove as much of the red as you can....being a fresh color it will hopefully remove it enough to a level 6raw=gold-copper/strawberry then color with 1:1 6A+7N then let it fade as it will.

Latest posts

Back