Colour correction!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherscarlett

Reaction score
Hi all! Sorry for the long post! I have a colour correction due in in a couple of weeks. She wants her hair to be a lighter brown (level 7 ish, she doesn’t seem too bothered she just wants it lighter!) She has long level 4/5 box dyed hair (she uses castings) and it has a lot of colour build up! She said that she hasn’t coloured her hair since September and her natural roots are about a level 6. I have taken some hair to test and I have done an incompatibility test and all is fine , I have tested a colour remover on it (Wella colour renew) and this did not budge the colour one bit! Then on another strand I used bleach and 6% and left this in a foil for about an hour and a half and it lifted to a dark orange. I’m asking advice to see if you guys think my plan of action is a good one - so what I’m planning on doing is using bleach with olaplex and applying to mid lengths and ends (leaving natural roots out) lifting the hair to an orange. I was then thinking of applying a root colour similar to her natural level 6 and stretching this down and doing some balayage pieces with bleach. I will cover those with foils and colour the rest of the hair to reach a target level 7? Does this sound like I’m going the right way or should I do something totally different? I am also going to speak to my boss when he is back in on Thursday and probably ring her and tell her that her hair has only lifted to a dark orange and it is going to be a very costly process! Thanks in advance :) (also I use Wella)

Last edited:
I use Affinage Eraser as my go to remover. If it’s got a lot of build up, you’d need to apply a reducer 2-3 times to remove the majority of colour molecules. Then use an oxidative colour 2 times lighter than your target shade.

Latest posts

Back