Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie douglas

hairtips
Reaction score
Hello I have a new client with long hair, she has been colouring her hair herself and i need to rescue it, the problem i have is the hair is very long and not great condition. natural base 7-8 of what i can see as she only did a colour herself last week , her roots 2inches are near a 9.30 loreal, but the midlengths and ends are sunbleached and now have a slight green tinge!! her aim is to have more caramel base 7.31 or 8.31 with warm highights and some warmer tones in it too. im concerned with the green tinge on the blonde area. any advice would be really welcome. stripping this hair isn't an option as not i good enough condition,

I would take a few test strands one with the prominent green/mid-length and ends. You need to strip it as you are just applying a colour on top. It will not be even at all. Even if you use a low peroxide to start with. If you want around 8.31 and don't strip it, it will go a flat muddy colour x

I would take a few test strands one with the prominent green/mid-length and ends. You need to strip it as you are just applying a colour on top. It will not be even at all. Even if you use a low peroxide to start with. If you want around 8.31 and don't strip it, it will go a flat muddy colour x
I did a bleach bath gently on a strand test today and it wasn't good so i am going to have trouble removing it, the green is so slight i was now wondering if i pre pig with 8.34 then go over with chosen colour it may be ok??

Aw love if a colour bath is too harsh on her hair I wouldn't touch it! The copper will come through if you put an 8.31 over it (prob go like a 8.34) but still patchy. If I were you I would ask her to go away and repair her hair or offer a treatment package x

I would do a bleach strand test where it goes to chewing gum and then show her the result.
Hopefully, she'll appreciate that repeated colouring hair has its limits and by refusing to colour it at this point, you're saving her from taking it all home in a carrier bag.

Definitely offer her some treatments inc. Olaplex.

I would do a bleach strand test where it goes to chewing gum and then show her the result.
Hopefully, she'll appreciate that repeated colouring hair has its limits and by refusing to colour it at this point, you're saving her from taking it all home in a carrier bag.

Definitely offer her some treatments inc. Olaplex.

That's what I'd do. And a blady good haircut!

Hi Iam sure I herd some where that baking soda can remove the green tinge,or bi carbonated soda,can't remember which one,or are they the same thing lol,but prob the above best idea xx

Latest posts

Back